Revamped version of the iPhone 3G with faster processing speeds. Repair of this device is similar to the 3G, and requires simple screwdrivers and prying tools. Model A1303 / 16 or 32 GB capacity / black or white plastic back.

Why can't I activate my iPhone 3GS

I've tried several techniques to recover/format my iPhone 3GS, but it just isn't working. The phone keeps popping up with a message saying, "Could not activate iPhone, try connecting your iPhone to iTunes to activate it." When the iPhone is connected to iTunes, it reads the phone and asks for a SIM card, but doesn't read the SIM cards.

I've also tried a lot of software updates and resetting the iPhone itself, but it keeps failing on me and doesn't allow me to proceed to anything else.

Check if the IMEI is blacklisted first. If that's the case, it's usually because the phone bill wasn't paid or the phone was stolen. In this case, it's more or less useless as a phone. Check the status of the IMEI on a site like Swappa. Since we now have global blacklists the phone is useless everywhere; even for international use.

If the IMEI is bad, take the phone to the police and ask what you have to do to claim legal ownership if you want to keep the phone. Some states allow you to turn it into the police and let you claim it legally if the original owner doesn't speak up within a certain amount of time. Even if you get it this way do not expect the carrier to help you or use the phone portion ever again. That part is probably going to remain blacklisted since the carriers require the original owner to call when it comes to unblocking a stolen phone. I'd even advise against a IMEI swap.

If the IMEI comes up clean, do a Recovery Mode restore. If that works, it was something with the baseband that caused the issue that was recoverable. It's usually a carrier software problem when this works. Follow this guide to access Recovery Mode: iDevice Recovery Mode Restore

If the Recovery Mode restore doesn't fix the phone, it's a hardware baseband problem. These require a new motherboard, since the baseband chip is typically paired to the board. Follow this guide to replace the board: replace the logic board. I don't think this is worth it, since whole phones and the boards tend to cost about the same.

If you swap board I'd suggest getting the original IMEI if you can to verify the IMEI on the new board is good, but you won't be able to do this all of the time. Sometimes you can get the correct back if the parts are sold as a pair, but this is not very common since most sellers break these parts up.

iPod Touch Image

Guide

iDevice Recovery Mode Restore

Difficulty: Easy30 minutes

je veux activer mon iphone

NICK!!!!

Thanks soooo much for helping, I had the exact same problem. The phone I have I swapped it with a rubbish blackberry with my friend because they dont like the iphone! I think i tried to reboot the phone and it was coming up with this exact message!

I phoned my network company and they told me it was apples connections that had failed and will be fixed in 24hours....that of course didn't happen. I just tried to restore the iphone DFU mode when plugging my iphone into the computer! IT WORKS! SO THANK YOU <3

((Restore the iPhone in DFU mode

press and hold the power and reset buttons, and then when the apple logo comes up, let go of the power button and keep holding the home button, it will be in DFU mode, then click restore, you will lose everything))

same situation here for me, i did it and restored somehow. but it came back to activation process and same thing happens "Could not activate iPhone"

during restore it gives any error or not? if gives then it may be a hardware issue. after restoring check out the imei number of the iphone. if that column showing blank then you will not activate your iphone.

I tried restoring it through itunes like you normally would, but it said restoring error cannot restore device

what error itunes giving while restoring?

Take it back to ATT and get a new sim card.

i got a new sim

my iphon imei 01 216400 617058 3

iccid. Unkown

help me unlock my phone plizzzz imei -012761003406595 iccid 8925610000611192230

when i open whatapps on iphone 3gs he say can't register whit this phone number ...you can only register with the phone number that was used with whatapps on this phone.........................plz help me

Pavel will be eternally grateful.