iMac Intel 27" EMC 2309 and 2374

iMac Intel 27". EMC 2309 (Late 2009, Core 2 Duo 3.06 or 3.33 GHz), EMC 2374 (Late 2009, Core i5 2.66 GHz or Core i7 2.8 GHz)

Can you replace the graphics card?

Is it possible to install a faster, cheaper graphics card down the line?

Most Helpful Answer

The ifixit teardown (step 22) of the 27" iMac confirms the graphics card is indeed a separate removable daughtercard and not soldered to the main logic board. so theoretically it may be possible to replace the card, but it's unclear at this time if compatible ones will become available. I would guess there could be firmware compatibility issues aside from just physically fitting the slot.

== Replacing my ATI Radeon HD 4850 graphics processor with 512MB of GDDR3 memory with a ATI Radeon HD 5750 graphics processor with 1GB of GDDR5 memory? ==''italic text''

Can this be done and if I buy a Standard ATI Radeon HD 5750 graphics processor with 1GB of GDDR5 memory card. I would have to take it apart to just the main board removing the outside case, heat sinks, and fans etc to put just the main board?

== It does not have my Model ==

I have a 27" 2.8GHz Intel Quad Core i7 iMac.( Late 2009). My Video card it the same as the i5 a ATI Radeon HD 4850 with 512MB

the site you sent me to only has listed the 27" Core i5" 2.66GHz (Late 2009) as the top of the line.

Kristyanna

Look here!

I bougth a new I Mac 27 one year ago , 2,66 GHz, RAM 8 Go, ATI Radeon HD 4850 (512 Mo),

I start to make a mix of still and video:

The question: I use more and more Motion ( to have a 3D effects) but I have a lot of difficult ( very very slow ) also because I produce on HD.

Do you think is possible to change the Graphic card on my IMAC?, and if yes wich one??????

Thanks Agostino

Greg will be eternally grateful.