The first model of iPhone, Model A1203 with 4, 8, or 16 GB capacity and an aluminum back. Repair requires a significant amount of prying, and may require some soldering.

Air bubbles after changing screen

I`ve tried to change screen on my iphone 2g, which was full of bad pixels. I bought a new one on ebay and followed instruction video on youtube, but after connecting everything back the screen looked like this(photo). What have I done wrong? Can this problem be solved somehow or I have to buy a new screen?

Thanks in advance

Driver733, I am hoping you replaced it as an assembly, not as individual pieces. If you replaced it as an assembly, contact your vendor. This is a manufacturing defect and ask for a replacement or a refund. this is not something that you have done.

Thanks for your answer. Here`s the item I bought (http://tinyurl.com/d5h8lfb) The seller told me that it is OEM. Could you please take a look on this item and say if it`s OEM or not.

It is hard to determine if it is OEM or not. This is something that a lot of vendors are saying. The problem here is that air got trapped when the LCD and the glass were bonded. Poor quality control has become a major issue. Hope this helps, good luck.

DRIVER733 will be eternally grateful.