iPhone 3GS

Revamped version of the iPhone 3G with faster processing speeds. Repair of this device is similar to the 3G, and requires simple screwdrivers and prying tools. Model A1303 / 16 or 32 GB capacity / black or white plastic back.

Why is my screen stuck on the red battery charge screen?

i took my iphone apart to make a repair to the plastic cover. i put everything back together and it was working just fine, but later the same day it died and sense then the only thing that comes up on the screen is the red battery charging sign when i plug it in.

i have ordered a whole new back housing for the whole iphone. it only cost $50 with shipping and it is everything but the mother board and the screen, almost a whole new phone.

by Drew

back housing is now installed... now my screen when plugged in goes off and on from the apple symbol

by Drew

Did you replace the battery? If so - try reinstalling the original battery. There are more poor quality batteries available than original high quality.

If the battery symbol appears with the lightening bar underneath this means that the dock connector appears to be ok but if replacing the battery doesn't work it'd be worth trying a new dock connector.

Did the battery you installed specify that it was for your model the 3GS not the 3G? They are different batteries and if it is not the correct model or if it is a low quality battery you may see these results.

by tigerimac

There is a good chance that the housing assembly you bought has been sitting in numerous warehouses for the last several years. There is a good chance that the battery dried out.

If you got a voltmeter, you can check the voltage on the pins. Should be around 3.8 volts dc or so, with the left pin being ground. If you plug in the charger and measure, you should see the voltage going up if it is low.. If it stays the same, the battery won't hold a charge, and a replacement battery is needed...

The first thing I change on any iphone or ipod that won't turn on or charge is the battery

If li ion batteries are deeply discharged, internal damage will occur. Usually there is somekind of control circuit to prevent deep discharge, cutting of the load if voltage drops to a certain point. But li-ion batteries loose charge over time and will die if not charged regularly.

Hi, i also getting this problem from yesterday until now. I replaced the new battery with myself everything works fine, but the only things is the screen only show up the RED low battery mode. I've do a lot of researching. I've also replace it again with my old battery, it worked fine. But the new one stuck in red low battery mode even i charged for 8hrs or more...can someone help me to figure out how to fix it...Thanks for reading..

Drew will be eternally grateful.