Fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. GSM / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity / Model A1332 / Black and White.

Lock button ribbon cable replacement part?

Hi

While trying to fix my iPhone 4 I managed to screw up the ribbon cable that sits under the lock button. I have found the named replacement on this website but they don't look the same and the part nos are different. The part I have is 821-1246-a2010

I searched for this part no with no results and I am after ether help to find it or weather the part listed here is an updated replacement etc

Thanks in advance

which lock button? do you mean the connector on the home button or do you mean something else?

The lock button which also is the on off button. According to this site it also has the light sensor on the same ribbon?

Try searching the part in eBay.

Martyn, 821-1246-A for the iPhone 4 would be Item Name: Sensor Flex Cable for iPhone 4 and it does look like this. If yours looks different, post an image of your cable so we can see the difference.

Martyn will be eternally grateful.