Fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. GSM / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity / Model A1332 / Black and White.

Both Cameras not working

My friend has an issue with his iPhone 4 where both cameras will not work. I've found replacement parts, and I've watched videos on how to disassemble it. I feel confident that I can take it apart and put it back together.

What bothers me is that there are two bad cameras. If I replace both cameras, I'm hoping it will work. But, what I'm afraid of is it is something else like a logic board.

Anyone else have any similar experiences or advice?

Thanks.

The iPhone had been wiped. I replaced the back camera. Then both cameras started working perfectly. Thanks again!!!!

If he/she has to many pics on it both cameras will act like they are not working check how many he/she has. Then restore the phone but don't restore to back up check to see if the cameras work. Then proceed to changing HW out

Sometimes the camera app opens to a black screen or doesn't get past the shutter or quits out completely.

You're spot on - usually there's a fault with the camera(s). First try replacing the rear camera (fairly easy to get to) - double tap the home button and kill the camera process then restart the phone. Try the camera app again.

If no good try replacing the front camera - double tap the home button and kill the camera process then restart the phone. Try the camera app again.

hannism will be eternally grateful.