The first generation of the Chevrolet Equinox, a crossover SUV from Chevrolet based on General Motors' Theta platform.

Drivers side window working sporadically

Drivers side window goes on sporatically when pressing the automatic window button on console all other windows work fine what could it be .chevy equinox 2005

On my Equinox (2005) the switch was not the problem.

I think the window motor may be intermittent as the failure

occurs when the door has been exposed to direct sunlight.

It's not the switch, its the driver side window motor itself. Like anything else thats mechanical, it wears out over time and the driver side window is always the most used in any vehicle.

Pull the door panel, then the motor, and clean the apature and the inside of the housing. Theres tons of shavings from the magnets built up in there. Itll run like a champ afterward. You might wanna do the frint passenger too while youre at it.

How do you recommend cleaning the motor housing?

Wolfgang,

Your switch sounds like it's on it's way out. Start by changing out the window switch with one from another window. If that works, then the switch is likely your problem. If the problem persists, the you may have to change the window terminal block. One of these can be had at a junk yard but be sure to remove the harness back to any clip or plug. If you try to cut and splice that many wires it can lead to problems.

Good luck

Frank

Most of the driver side window switches are multifunctional. They may need to run jumper wires between the socket and the switch from another window.

Check the wires that run from the driver side door, you can move to boot to check the wires, I had 6 wires that were broken into half. Get you some wire and clear wire connectors

so you can match the wires up. $6.00 to fix the problem.

I was told it was a wire harness, a 300 piece.

I had my blinker sounds, driver door chiming and my driver side stereo speaker all went the same time. And now my window is going too, I have to slam the door, or squeeze the wire harness, sometimes it works some times it dont.

I can't look the part up because gm won't tell me the part name. Hmm.

Cleaning the motor housing worked like a charm. Thanks

2005 Equinox drivers side window not going up or down. But you pull or push it works. But sporadic. Also passage side does the same.

Cleaning the housing did the trick for me too, THANKS!!

Also having problems with the driver side window on my 2007 equinox . It won't do anything. The other windows are working fine. I had it checked out and they told me that the wires are all connected and the motor is fine that it maybe the computer. Along with this I'm having trouble with the driver side speaker and tire censor. Any ideas?

I have an 07 Equinox too and have the same problem. The front windows wont let down and the driver side speaker doesn't work. I know it is the motor or speaker bc I changed them out with the back passenger and they still didn't work but the back still worked fine. And also when I switch the car off and take the key out the radio stays on even when I open the doors. Wires look fine so I'm thinking it may be the relay. I'll try to check it tomorrow. If you found D out what's wrong. Let me know. Oh and about your tire sensor, those things are so fragile they mess up easy.

Mine is doing all those things as well. Did you figure out the problem? I cant afford to take it to the dealership for them to diagnose it.

Check and replace the fuses if it's doing nothing and not making any noises.. Don't let someone talk you into parts you don't need. Then check to see if the buttons make any noise, even though they don't roll the window up or down. A noise means the window regulator motor is fine, but the window regulator is shot. Mine had plastic guides instead of wheels pulling the wires up and down to raise or lower the window. Those guides all melted and wore away one by one, so all of my window regulators have been replaced in the last five years. If there's no noise when you push the button and the regulator is fine, it could be the regulator motor. There's one in each door, plugged into the regulator. I had a shop do the Driver's window regulator because it has a master control switch. The other three I did on my own for under $50 each (new parts with warranty). It's a simple job, but it's important to have the right tools before you tear the door apart. My car was 10 years old when my window regulators started failing.

Wolfgang Peiker will be eternally grateful.