Skip to main content

How can I obtain a spare thermostatic cut our switch.

My T10021 kettle still boils water but the cut out switch will not work. Tower housewares will not tell me the part number or how to obtain a spare switch.

Can you advise me if it is possible to id the part number and where to try and obtain a spare switch?

Answer this question I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 0

1 Comment:

Hi Michael,

We've got some pretty smart people who frequent this forum and may well be able to help, but we'll need someplace to start. Have you taken the kettle apart to where you can actually see the switch? If so, adding a picture of it would be the best first step I can think of then we can go from there once we have an idea of what we're working with.

Adding images to an existing question


Add a comment

1 Answer

I agree. If you can see the switch it may be an open bimetal thermostat. May be bound or sticky. I'd bet that if unplugged it can be fixed.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 0
Add a comment

Add your answer

Michael Chisholm will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 1

Past 7 Days: 1

Past 30 Days: 1

All Time: 29