Model No. A1367 / 8, 16, 32, or 64 GB capacity

How do I reset a disabled iPod Touch without a computer?

My iPod Touch 4th Gen will not enable. I forgot the password. How do I reset it without a computer?

Hold down power and home button until logo shows up and will reset to factory downside is all data will be deleted

I don't have a computer

I don't have a computer

You can't do it without a computer

i have ipod 5 touch does it work on this

There is no way to do that, unfortunately. You have to put the iPod into DFU mode and then use a computer to restore it. I would suggest trying to find a buddy who will let you use their computer. To DFU the iPod, have it plugged into the computer, hold the lock and home buttons until the device shuts off, wait five seconds, and then release the lock button while still holding the home button. A message should then pop up on the computer telling you that the iPod is in recovery mode and that you have to restore it. Let me know if you have any questions

this didn't hepl tell me an alternative method if possible

@abhisek neymar, just like Jason rightly answered, there is no alternative method. "There is no way to do that unfortunately. You have to put it into DFU mode and then use a computer to restore it." Follow his advise .

What happens if that does not shut it off

This happened to mine. I did exactly what he said and it is restoring as I am typing. Thank you so much! This helped and I can't wait even tho it will take an hour or so thanks so much!!(:

what if a message pops up saying there's an error occurred (3194) ???????????

my i pod wont do nothin like this i need help

ITS NOT working can some one help!!!!!!!

Rite I'm with u can someone plz help me get my ipod to be unlock or reset

I am with you

Hmm. Go into Windows Explorer, double click the iPod, change the device_locked to device_unlocked. Then restart the iPod.

I forgot the password to my ipod touch how do i unlock it without using a computer

I need to know too bexause that just happened to me today

You would have to put it into recovery (DFU) mode, which will completely reset your iPod. Without the password this is the only way to get it to work again

How do you do it without a computer@AspDreadSavageTYMG

You need a computer to complete this process

You can't. You need iTunes (or redsn0w) to unlock. redsn0w could *COULD* damage the firmware if you unplug during a jailbreak. I have jailbroken an iPod with a broken screen, but it just needed to be unplugged then replugged to USB. Jailbreak it. Or DFU mode. Whichever's safer.

what if it wont let you restore untill you open a file? i pres the restore button the in lost!!

When I try to plug it in and restore the iPod it says that I have to unlock it first

You need to put it into recovery (DFU) mode to get around that

How do you put a disabled iPod touch into DFU

try holding power and home till you see a apple logo keep holding till you see the recovery option then tap on what you want to do and ill do it.

good luck

After over an hour of trying, finally got this to work and now have it connected to iTunes so that if this ever happens again, we don't have to go through so much crap!

That is one of the MANY reasons why apple products are complete proprietary garbage. Many companies had mp3 players with features long before apple such as Archos. The fact you have to use itunes at all or any software to load music is crap. Any other player you can just load music files on to and they can remain in their actual format. Why shouldn't you be able to just erase and reset an ipod that is locked without a computer by just pressing a reset button or some buttons in a sequence. You can reset a locked router with a reset button. Just stupid.

I agree, uf885. I agree

the thing is that you cant reset the ipod without a computer, i personnely tried everything and nothing worked. ive ran into the problem that my USB cable did not work so i used my friends and it worked fine. if you cant get ahold of anything then....i dont know what to tell you.

my ipod is not powering back it is updating to ios 6 and i can not power it own

Yes, Mac user also need to know this method while reset your iPod because someway iTunes demand for pass code so you need a recovery method without system. Some of mac user had not technical knowledge so they need Mac Tech Support for reset iPod.

Requirements :

1. A computer (Mac or Windows)

2. An Apple USB Cable

3. Your iPod

Method:

1. Connect your iPod to a computer running iTunes using the USB cable

2. Make sure your iPod is turned on, the hold both the Home and lock buttons simultaneously and hold for 10 seconds

3.On your computer go to iTunes and click "Restore iPod"

4. Wait for iPod to restore and enjoy!

Hope this helps

I get a message that I have to restore the ipod before using it with itunes but when I click ok, the restore ipod screen goes away. How can I keep that screen up to restore it?

If i restore my ipod touch 4 will it delete my apps, music, pictures, etc

What if u don't have an apple account how do we do it then it will not let me I try using my aunts account and it will not let me

but windows doesnt recognize my ipad it keep saying usb not recognize

So I Can Get It To The Restore Process But I Have A Mac And When I Try To Click Restore Ipod My Documents Come Up And They Want Me To Chose A File But It Won't Let Me Click On Any File. What Do I Do From There?

My iPod will not turn on

Do you have a backup saved to that computer? That step is where the computer attempts to locate the backup files for that device so it can restore it from the last saved backup.

If you don't have one then you'll need to buy or get a lend of one I'm sure you no someone with a USB cable

all you have to do is hold the power button and home button at the same time for ten seconds then let go of the power button but keep holding on to the power button for 10 seconds. then it should restart.

yes unfortunately you cant do anything without the computer i tried everything and still does not work. my charge bars are bent so it does not work i will try suggestions if any one has some very appreciative

Is their a way you can take off your ipod touch screen and reset it from there?

Yes but it is much more difficult to hold the home button without the screen on. Highly recommend doing this with a screen installed.

Forgot my user id and password

Your user ID is typically your e-mail address. If you go here, https://iforgot.apple.com/appleid, you will be able to retrieve it.

I have to connect to itunes

Is that a question?

idk

Yes

&&^ u

How do i unloclean my I pod with out a computer or pass code?

I would like to know to

You need a computer to complete the restore process. As of now there is no way around that

This is bullsh*t. I have tried everything to get my stupid iPod undisabled but nothing works. I have no internet. I have no friends that have internet. Also I don't even have a vehicle to get somewhere that has internet. So I am screwed. I wish if there was some way that I can do it without a computer. (By the way it is not Elena Montes. Not Nantes;/"!!!!!)

No u can borrow a friends but you should to charge your I pod I have like ten

Can I plug it to a PS3 or Xbox 360?

Tell me to really reset to factory settings wit no computer.

Doing it for my cuz

You need a computer to complete the restore. There is no way around that as of yet

Apple is a joke they block passwords on purpose for everything somehow. You can't even disable the passwords for kids. I'm tired of having useless expensive $@$* laying around. I have done everything nothing works. Hour after hour., month after month.

You can turn off passwords so your kids will be able to use the iPod. Apple does offer introduction classes for free that show you how to use your product.

Ive tried the restore but it keeps coming back and asking me to trust the computer but my ipod is stuck in some update screen so i can't do anything

Plug the iPod into the computer before you attempt to put it into DFU mode. You should be able to click trust this computer that way.

I did the home button and sleep button and I did it, but ow my iPad won't turn on.

Make sure the iPod has a charge. After that I'd try and hold the power button for about 30 seconds, it should turn on. If not try plugging it into your computer and see if it recognizes it. If not try holding both the home button and the power button down.

Help me I don't have a computer and I need to reset my iPod

I understand that you can't. That is one of the MANY reasons why apple products are complete proprietary garbage. Many companies had mp3 players with features long before apple such as Archos. The fact you have to use itunes at all or any software to load music is crap. Any other player you can just load music files on to and they can remain in their actual format. Why shouldn't you be able to just erase and reset an ipod that is locked without a computer by just pressing a reset button or some buttons in a sequence. You can reset a locked router with a reset button. Just stupid.

Yeah i did and it said theres a error

i can get it to start a restore but still keeps coming up i need to put the passcode in????

...yeah. Gotta have a PC.

I can not use the computer to unlock it how can I use defriends method now?

My iPod touch is locked I forgot password. I tried to log into iTunes but it says I can't because it has a password someone help

I can unlock icloud of ipod... all wifi devices of apple. contact me on chandaankit@gmail.com

Well basiclly you press the sleep wake button and home button for 10 secs till Apple icon appears. Then let go of the buttons. Hope this helps!

Score -1

well you get your usb cable and hook it up to an outlet than you take a pic then you will go tot he lockscreen and slide up so on the left hand side you will see a flash light Image than right next to it on the right there is like a watch images than you will click on that then you press the sleep/awake button then it will say slide to sut off under that it will say cancel you pres on cancel then you wil press the home button 2 times really face hope this work cause it worked on mined

Score -1

Um what if you don't have a usb cord will I have to buy one???

Score -2

yes you will

My ipod its not working to reset/format for manual what should ido?i dont hv computor help me please.

You unfortunately can't do this without a computer to complete the restore process. Check your local library or apple store, I am sure they would be happy to let you use a computer.

Yeah i did and it said theres a error

kato will be eternally grateful.