1

kato
13

How To Reset When Disabled Without Computer

My Ipod Touch 4Th Gen , Will Not Enable I ForGot The Pass Word How Do I Reset It With Out A Computer ,?

4

Jason
979

There is no way to do that unfortunately. You have to put it into DFU mode and then use a computer to restore it. I would suggest trying to find a buddy who will let you use their computer. To DFU the iPod have it plugged into the computer, hold the lock and home buttons until the device shuts off, count to 5 and release the lock button while still holding the home button, a message should pop up on your computer prompting you it is in recovery mode and you have to restore it. Let me know if you have any questions

this didn't hepl tell me an alternative method if possible

abhisek neymar,

@abhisek neymar, just like Jason rightly answered, there is no alternative method. "There is no way to do that unfortunately. You have to put it into DFU mode and then use a computer to restore it." Follow his advise .

What happens if that does not shut it off

JACKIE ALLEN,

This happened to mine. I did exactly what he said and it is restoring as I am typing. Thank you so much! This helped and I can't wait even tho it will take an hour or so thanks so much!!(:

Jillian Dennison,

what if a message pops up saying there's an error occurred (3194) ???????????

chad,

1

holly
13

what if it wont let you restore untill you open a file? i pres the restore button the in lost!!

1

heidi
13

the thing is that you cant reset the ipod without a computer, i personnely tried everything and nothing worked. ive ran into the problem that my USB cable did not work so i used my friends and it worked fine. if you cant get ahold of anything then....i dont know what to tell you.

1

Lily Apple
13

When I try to plug it in and restore the iPod it says that I have to unlock it first

1

sarath
13

my ipod is not powering back it is updating to ios 6 and i can not power it own

1

Robert Jason
13

Yes, Mac user also need to know this method while reset your iPod because someway iTunes demand for pass code so you need a recovery method without system. Some of mac user had not technical knowledge so they need Mac Tech Support for reset iPod.

1

jonathan
13

ITS NOT working can some one help!!!!!!!

0

Toby Hubbard
1

Requirements :

1. A computer (Mac or Windows)

2. An Apple USB Cable

3. Your iPod

Method:

1. Connect your iPod to a computer running iTunes using the USB cable

2. Make sure your iPod is turned on, the hold both the Home and lock buttons simultaneously and hold for 10 seconds

3.On your computer go to iTunes and click "Restore iPod"

4. Wait for iPod to restore and enjoy!

Hope this helps

I get a message that I have to restore the ipod before using it with itunes but when I click ok, the restore ipod screen goes away. How can I keep that screen up to restore it?

M Kilpatrick,

0

M Kilpatrick
1

After over an hour of trying, finally got this to work and now have it connected to iTunes so that if this ever happens again, we don't have to go through so much crap!

0

con

If you don't have one then you'll need to buy or get a lend of one I'm sure you no someone with a USB cable

0

muhammad
1

all you have to do is hold the power button and home button at the same time for ten seconds then let go of the power button but keep holding on to the power button for 10 seconds. then it should restart.

0

papenfusheather
1

my i pod wont do nothin like this i need help

0

lily
1

yes unfortunately you cant do anything without the computer i tried everything and still does not work. my charge bars are bent so it does not work i will try suggestions if any one has some very appreciative

-2

Alisa Dobronich
1

Well basiclly you press the sleep wake button and home button for 10 secs till Apple icon appears. Then let go of the buttons. Hope this helps!

-2

makayla
1

well you get your usb cable and hook it up to an outlet than you take a pic then you will go tot he lockscreen and slide up so on the left hand side you will see a flash light Image than right next to it on the right there is like a watch images than you will click on that then you press the sleep/awake button then it will say slide to sut off under that it will say cancel you pres on cancel then you wil press the home button 2 times really face hope this work cause it worked on mined

-3

bethany
1

Um what if you don't have a usb cord will I have to buy one???