Hewlett-Packard began manufacturing personal laptop computers in 1993.

How do I get my screen centered?

Hp Pavilion dv4 Notebook PC

3.00 GB

64 bit operating system

Windows 7 Home

My screen shifted to the left side, leaving 3 inches on the right black and 1 inch on bottom black. I've tried everything to get it back to normal screen size.

my screen shifted to the right

mon ecran a transferer 2 pouce a droite

my screen shifted to the right

Most Helpful Answer

Go to Control panel and find the device manager

see if you can see the Display driver and try updating the video driver .

checkout the resolution and in display settings change the size for more steps - click http://fixingblog.com/fix-screen-display... , thanks and welcome

I fixed my screen's positions by doing this.

- Go to Control Panel

- Select Intel GMA Driver (I think this is the Graphics card, so just select yours if it is different.

- Go to Display Settings

- Select Advanced Settings

- Change the position by selecting the arrows.

- Apply and select Ok

This was exactly what I needed, and it worked! Thank you for posting it!!!

love the concise tip :)

Many thanks Balinda problem solved

Happy New Year

Using WIN 10 on a Dell. Screen shifted to left after kids played Mine Craft. Tried above, but no advance settings. Under basic tried "Center" and other options, but nothing changed. Can anyone help?

I had the same issue, solved it using:

Right click on desktop > Graphics options > Panel fit > Center Image

Im asking how to move page to the left so as to use right sled tab = brian

This answer was originally to another question.

If this is a laptop, re-insall the video driver.

If this is an external monitor, make sure you have the proper inf for the monitor and the most current driver for the video card.

Check the resolution that the video card is set to and the native resoulution specifications of your monitor. They should be the same.

Please post the exact specifications of your system.

If running Windows, can you still see the clock at the far right-hand corner of the screen ?

Modern laptop screens cannot be resized to lose one side of a display, the picture will automatically appear centralised and the screen will always force a full screen picture if possible, but cause text to appear twisted/stretched in some way.

If your clock and other desktop items have vanished off the right of the screen inside the black area, then it's your screen at fault and will usually need replacing, or the flat cable at the rear of the actual screen may need refitting/replacing, a simple job for a technician.

Some laptops have an ability to use software in the graphics card software to adjust the picture and move the display around, cut bits out, rotate it around etc. It may be worth checking there too.

Yeah everything looks really good, clock is still there, nothing is stretched. Just a quarter of the screen looks like it's missing on the right side and an inch at the bottom.

I could not fix at all

Make sure you boot into BIOS (hit the key that is listed as Setup, probably F12, right after turning it on) and check what the computer is detecting as your screen. Often, it ends up refreshing detected hardware, and behaves normal.

If anything, it must be Windows setting the resolution wrong. You can go into Control Panel and select Appearance for whichever version of Windows you have. From there, you can just select the largest possible resolution and see what happens when it adjusts.

i received a replacement screen and will post back tomorrow with the results.

the screen has shifted about 3 inches down and one inch left

Okay so i had the same problem and i have Windows 10 so heres what i did, dont worry its very easy to fix it. All you need to do is go to settings choose display settings then choose "display adapter properties" see if you are windows 10 user you just need to scroll down and youll find this option under "Related settings". Once you click on that further a window will open, you my friend just click on graphics card control panel and see the rotation option. Your rotation would be either 270 or 90/180. So you just need to choose 0 degree as your Rotation. And just click on Apply changes on the lower right hand side of the window and bingo! Problem solved

i click the button on front of monitor and clicked auto management in image management

Cindy will be eternally grateful.