2001-2007 Dodge Caravan

This repair manual covers both the short-wheelbase Caravan and long-wheelbase Grand Caravan models.

Why is my power steering leaking fluidI

I fill the unit and when i back out of the driveway there is a large puddle of fluid on the driver side on the ground

michael, there are a lot of possibilities. Most of the parts that could be leaking are actually on the driver side. You will definitely have to check for leaking hoses going to the power steering pump from the reservoir, the reservoir and the pump itself. than check the hoses from the power to the steering gear. Last, check the gear itself. I would strongly suggest to use a engine cleaner and clean the engine with the van off. Then start it up and see if you can see and leaks, move the steering wheel through a couple of turns and watch for leaks. KEEP YOUR HANDS OUT OF THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT WHILE YOU CHECK. STAY SAFE AT ALL TIMES. Hope this helps to at least get you started, let us know what you fine. Good luck.

michael will be eternally grateful.