Skip to main content

The Nintendo DS is Nintendo's seventh generation handheld game console.

69 Questions View all

Rewiring my volume control?

I have an old ds that doesn't work any more and i was wondering if i could tahe the volume control out of it and use it in my mint tin amp if so how would i wire it

Answer this question I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 1


Can u post pictures of the wires in question? Both, if possible?


If you know how to use an ohm meter, you should be able to figure it out, However...

It is not as 'cool' but buying the right value (both resistance and power rating) is probably a better bet. For not much money you can get the right part with all the mounting hardware.


Add a comment

2 Answers

Most Helpful Answer

Give it a try. Take the potentiometer out of the DS carefully. It most likely will have three terminals. Connect your audio source to the right most terminal, connect the audio input to the mint tin amp to the wiper (the center terminal) and ground to the the left most terminal.

This is a fairly generic statement, assuming the pot in a DS looks like the kind in other toys. Basically you have a resistor with a sliding center tap. So you can use an ohm meter to determine which terminal is which. If the volume goes down when your expecting up, reverse the wires from left to right, leave the center tap the way it is.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 1
Add a comment

I don't believe that you will have much success.


Was this answer helpful?

Score 0
Add a comment

Add your answer

joshua will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 0

Past 30 Days: 3

All Time: 2,357