0

Dave
1

Why am I getting a SUD error message?

I am using the propoer soap and the proper amount ( I think) all of a sudden the last 2 loads I did I received this error. How do I correct it?

Edited by: mayer ( ) , iRobot ( )

these units are big pieces of !@#$...do not by any kenmore CRAP!

wefittogether,

1

DAve, according to the service manual there are a few possibilities

Sud - SUDS LOCK (Overdose of Detergent detected during the Wash Cycle)

The motor control unit senses a suds lock condition by analyzing the current draw on the drive motor. If “Sud” is displayed a potential suds lock is detected. This may signify a bad pump, an extra heavy load, excessive detergent, or excessive suds.

• If too much detergent was used, run the unit through a Rinse/ Spin cycle then a Normal cycle without adding any detergent. This should clear the unit of the excess detergent.

• Check the drain hose and make sure it is not plugged or kinked

• Check Wire Harness connections to the Drain Pump, Pressure Switch, and Central Control Unit (CCU)

• Check/ Clean Drain Pump Filter of foreign objects

• Check Drain Pump

• Check the Pressure Switch

• Check CCU

To make your job easier, try to download the manual from here. Good luck and I hope it helps.

My HE3t SUD errror message lit up but there actually was too much suds inadvertently (first time this happened). Not knowing what was going on, I pressed the cancel button and the controls locked up so I can't do anything now and the machine paused with the SUD message blinking. Is it OK to unplut the machine and see if the panel will reset itself so I can run a wash cycle? Is this dangerous or harmful in some way? Must I have a repair technician diagnose the problem?

Mary,

I meant to say "unplug," not "unplut"!

Mary,

0

Brady Lawson
1

I had the same problem. I did two things: 1) Clean your drain from the wall all the way inside the machine to the drain pump. This will take some time, a star screw driver, and some large mouth pliers. use the pliers to loosen the hoses on the outside and inside of your machine. I used my hose pipe to wash the clogs and debris out. I was amazed at how much junk came out. Put all the hoses back together. 2) Take off the bottom front panel (3 screws). You will see the drain pump and a large circular screw. This is your drain filter. Unscrew it, clean and replace. This should take care of your problem.

0

Dave Holt
1

Another cause the manual does not mention is that the internal filter is full/blocked.

It's fairly straightforward to fix, but you do have to tip the machine, open it and clean the filter. That worked like a charm for me in the past.

Where is the internal filter

Tammy Porter,

0

Bob
1

I have one of these... $1200 dishwasher with all the whistles purchased in 2012. It worked reliably for 18 months, then we started getting the "high suds" error, even with no dishes and no soap. Run bare.

I noticed I was also getting an error that it couldn't find the diverter motor position. After replacing the suds sensor and having the same result, I replaced the diverter motor and found the problem. The motor itself worked, but the position sensor, a cheap tiny tactile (aka momentary) switch failed. I took it apart, and found it was corroded.

Whirlpool, which makes Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana, Magic Chef, Admiral, Norge, Roper, and others really messed this one up. The switch is not waterproof, so any moisture that finds it's way into the switch will corrode it.

I was able to find a dustproof/waterproof/sealed switch about the same size at Digikey for 85 cents, others are on ebay. It's 6mm square x 5mm tall. I just unsoldered the old and surface soldered the new one in at the same spot (important). Put it back together, and hope to get years more service out of it.

The indication that it's the switch in the diverter motor is, with the front kick panel removed, you'll hear a steady click about every 2 seconds when the dish washer is running. That's the motor turning the cam trying to find the position and the cam arm snapping back.

Here's a picture of the motor and switch.

Edited by: Bob ( )

0

amy
1

My kenmore elite He 5t is having a error of E51 does anyone know something about this please help I did the test and still . Don't know...

0

Mary
1

My Kenmore Elite HE3t SUD errror message lit up but there actually was too much suds inadvertently (first time this happened). Not knowing what was going on, I pressed the cancel button and the controls locked up so I can't do anything now and the machine paused with the SUD message blinking. Is it OK to unplug the machine and see if the panel will reset itself so I can run a wash cycle? Is this dangerous or harmful in some way? Must I have a repair technician diagnose the problem? I checked and the machine in not on control lock mode.

THANK YOU! This worked. I turned it off at the circuit breaker last night, waited 1/2 hour, turned it back on and no lights came on the machine -- good sign. This morning I rinsed the blanket twice, then ran another wash cycle on the blanket without soap. The blanket still smells soapy, but I don't care. There is no visible soap in the machine. I'll run the next few loads with no or very little soap. Thank you so much! No repairman needed! I appreciate it!

Edited by: Mary ( )

0

Bob
1

Yes, unplugging the machine should work. If it's hard wired to your home electrical system, you may be able to turn the circuit breaker off and on to reset the dish washer.

Then press cancel and let the washer run. It should empty any water from the machine.

After that is done, run a quick rinse a few times to get any dish soap out of the system, and then try running it again with your dishwasher soap.