Repair guides for the MacBook Air, Apple's current line of consumer laptops.

Why is my MacBookAir blowing air

Why is my MacBookAir blowing air after a 12 hour flight from Asia. There is actually air coming out on the left hand side, at the bottom, at the back. What does this mean and what should I do. I just got it from the States last October, but am now staying in Austria?

well i had it on air macbook. simply place the macbook on the table so the air can come out. then leave the macbook on so all the charge goes. after that happend put the charger on and, quickly turn the macbook on.

subscribe to my channel agar lion

Does anyone know why my Mac blows out cool air when I start gaming?

I know why your Mac book blows air. Like my ma book pro and every other Mac book in general bows air because the motor in Mac books gets worked up like a car and blows air like a car motor eating gas! and peoples computers MOSTLY get worked up when doing gaming because thats when the computer needs to load most. like me I also have experienced this when I do gaming

A-huh! Sleep Mode

You cooked it when you put it into the case as the heat had no where to go. Sleep mode is still ON, just low power.

If things are still working your OK.

You may need to reset the SMC if the fan doesn't turn off on its own after being shut down correctly and then restarted after the system is at room temp after a few minutes (takes a little time to get it's bearings).

Thanks Dan, you must be right, I probably cooked it! Unfortunately I have no idea what an SMC is and how to reset it. Could you help me, by explaining in computer- illiterate language?

Tatjana - See below duplicate entry for reply

What were you doing when the fan kicked in? Watching a movie, it can stress the CPU & GPU causing them to heat up (needing the fan to kick in).

After you shutdown your MacBook Air and restarted it after a few hours did the fan come on and then shut off after a few seconds?

If so your system is AOK. The fan was doing what it needed to do keep your system cool.

No, I was not watching a movie, even though I was on a long-haul flight at 10,000 meters. MacBookAir was in my carry-on bag. I had not realized that I had not properly shut it down, but had simply closed it. Once I got home I noticed the fan as soon as I opened it, and now it won't stop, even after two days of rest. Any idea what could be done do?

There is a fan located in the Macbook Air, take a look at this image.

http://guide-images.ifixit.net/igi/KFKOE...

Is the air coming from that area where the fan is located?

Could be the machine is overheating and the fan kicks into overdrive to try and cool it down.

What if i had my mac book air in my room all night an i had the aircon on 16 degrees celsius and then when i woke up and turned it on it started blowing hot air out?

FYI: 16 degrees Celsius = 60.8 degrees Fahrenheit.

@ Chelsea McSorley - If the system is off there is no source for heat. If the system is in sleep mode the system will still be running in a reduced state which is the source of the heat. So, when you turn the system on the fan will kick out the buildup heat inside. This is normal and expected.

Tatjana will be eternally grateful.