2.2, 2.4, 2.5, or 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo processor

Disc drive won't let me put a disc in, nothing in there

I can't put a disc in, there is something blocking me from putting one in, right at the front, and there isn't a disc in it - i have tried rebooting, restarting, ejecting (even though there isn't a disc in it), etc. It did this before, and fixed itself somehow, but it's not budging now. Feels mechanical, like some part of the eject mechanism is stuck on eject and not going back in???

Did you have any luck on this issue?

I changed my car recently away from skoda I would prefer a skoda but you can't put in a music disc into the skoda cars a comment would be welcome

If you are unable to push the disc in at all then it certainly does sound like a mechanical issue. It sounds as though the mechanism that stops you from inserting a disc when another disc is present has come loose. I would recommend replacing the drive rather than trying to repair it, but it may be worthwhile removing the superdrive to take a physical look to make sure nothing has sneaked its way inside.

Hope this helps,

Wes

I would recommend everyone to try my hint before replacing it. It worked for me so... Just in case... :)

Sometimes the wrong answer gets accepted.

I can insert the Dvd but it pushes back out instead of running it in..

I tried inserting the dvd (elder scrolls online) but the mechanism just won't work.

Most Helpful Answer

Guys,

I have solved this problem by simple running this line on terminal:

drutil tray eject

Hope it works.

PS & 1st UPDATE (18/10/2016)

So... I had the same issue again and I wasn't able to solve it right away. This time I've had (like some of you guys) to run the command several times. I ran it for like 20x before it finally wake up the drive and release it.

omg that was beautiful!

Thanks Lucille. I was actually quite surprised it took only this. Do hope it works for everyone else. :)

Hero. Thanks a lot mate!

You're welcome, bro! :)

Thank you!!!! Worked like a charm!

Press and hold the mouse or trackpad button down when you power it on and keep holding it down. This forces a disk eject, or at least tells the mechanism to to go through its eject cycle. This may move the mechanism to it's fully open position for you.

I find this is due to iTunes failing to unmount the disc or something, even after it successfully ejects it. Thereafter you need to reboot in order to insert a disc. My workaround: quit iTunes before ejecting a disc. then Eject via finder. The restart iTunes. Disc loads no problem.

I have a HP 'puter with a 'Tower' ,. One CD/DVD disk drawer would not open when button was pushed. Go to 'COMPUTER' and click on it and a selection of various drives will appear on your 'puter. EXP~~ A drive, B drive, C drive etc etc. Determine which drive icon will not slide out and RIGHT click on the icon. A box drops down . Select 'EJECT' and it should open with ease.

There are sometines screws on the top of the unit that are to be taken out before installing. It's usually clearly marked to take them out but possibly the label was missing when the unit was installed

Restart, hold eject and when you hear the noise of the drive opening sneak a disc in.

Solved: Just press Eject button for 10-20 Second until "CD In" disappear. That is it. Don t make it complicated. It worked for me

That's wonderful, Amir.

Gillian will be eternally grateful.