The Inspiron 1526 features AMD processors, Windows Vista, up to 4GB shared Dual Channel 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM, ATI Radeon Xpress 1270 graphics (integrated), 15.4" Wide Screen display and up to 250GB3 configured with a single 5400 RPM SATA hard drive.

Motherboard problems for 1501 Insperion?

danny, you said that you fixed a insperion 1526 by replacing the little battery inside. i have the same problem with my 1501 and is in the shop right now diagnosed with a motherboard problem. how difficult is it to replace that battery? how hard is replacing the motherboard ?

In both situations you need to take apart the notebook. I'm not sure if is a guide for the specific notebook. If there is a guide and you follow the guide you will not have any problem.

We unfortunately do not have any guides on our site for this computer yet. However, Dell does have guides for this computer here. Dell calls the mother board a "system board" and battery removal is in the "Before you begin" section. Battery replacement is quite easy. Mother board replacement is a fair bit more difficult, but certainly not impossible to do at home. As with any complex repair or dis-assembly, patience, organization and care are musts. Hope this helps you out, good luck.

Phillip, I think louis may be referring to something like the CMOS battery...not quite as easy as the main battery ;-)

Doh! Is this the equivalent of what Dell is calling the "coin-cell battery"? They also have a guide for that and all it requires is for the keyboard and battery to be removed. A bit of a pain but still quite doable!

yep, I think that is it :-)

louis will be eternally grateful.