The first generation of the Chevrolet Equinox, a crossover SUV from Chevrolet based on General Motors' Theta platform.

anti lock brakes and traction control lights on

I constantly feel and hear a pulse when breaking. Lights for the antilock brakes and traction control are always on on the dash. Maybe traction control is on all the time? Maybe the antilock brakes are always working? I'm not sure which. How do I fix this?

can the tcs cause you vehical not to start

will the traction control shut down the engine.

it will not shut the engine down but it can cause power loss and no acceleration

Well im having problems with my back brakes sticking and releasing sometimes. Its light something holding my speed back wile drivin down the road. What can no of part I need to fix this problem

I just replaced the front passenger bearing because my bearing was shot and my abs n tc (traction control) light was on it went off after I replaced my bearing about 3 days after the abs and tc icon light came back on so I checked the abs wire behind the tire connected to the hub bc in my case it's a sealed unit. The wires looked good and were connected I turn the car on and off and the icons go away shortly after the icons the icons come on again constantly. Any suggestions

If the traction control light illuminates and stays lit without blinking, this means that the traction control system has been deactivated and there is no traction control available. The only way to find out what is going on with it, is to get it properly diagnosed. I would go to my local GM garage and have them do a, analyzer check to determine what error codes you get.

I had pulsing breaks and an ABS light on, found 6 plugs(4 front, 2 back) to spray with contact cleaner and no help. Finally the last plug fixed the problem. Next time I will add grease to this plug. It has 4 wires on the plug, it is under the car in the center between the rear tires. This really did the trick!!

Ok I have a 2009 Chevy Malibu my friend had a diagnostic machine it sad lost communication with ECM and pcm on da messages it said tration of stability antilock brake system my car will come on but will no crank just a clicking noises sound like it coming from da passenger r under consultant by gear shift please I need help to solve dis problem hg as d change my break dat dey just bought da car da breaks was scrubbing so bad wen u off dat break it was still making a bad sound break were gone change da break later on turn car off tried to crank back up all light come on no start no crank it tine to start but wen I try to crank and and all other light on dash bored. Goes off da machine I hat sent a code au100 r something like dat ou100

what is the locations of the six plugs... are they all under the car ??? please give locations thanks

I've encountered this before on my old Jetta as well as some of my friends' cars. Both of these systems work using a signal from wheel speed sensors that are generally mounted on or near the brakes. They're usually about the size of a roll of pennies. If they're gooped up, bent out of alignment, unplugged or the wires are damaged they will send a "no-spin" signal to the computer, telling it to activate the ABS (that pulsing you're feeling in the brake pedal) as well as cause all sorts of errors in the traction control module. That seems to be the most likely source of failure.

If you determine that one or more of the sensors are faulty, check your local auto parts store for replacements or rockauto.com. The dealer should be your last resort buying parts since they mark up their parts 100-500%.

Fixing the sensor(s) may not make the lights go away. You'll have to take it to an authorized GM repair shop or dealer to have them reset the computer modules for the ABS and TC.

OR, if you're feeling wealthy, you can buy one of those nifty gadgets yourself, but be warned: the ones that can access ALL the computer's modules cost $$$$$$$$$$ (those $200 OBD-II units at your local auto parts store can only access the engine module) and require you to get a hold of some good factory literature so that you don't change a setting that will break your car even further. Best of luck!

***MUST READ FOR EQUINOX ABS SENSOR ISSUES***

Most mechanics do not think this far a head as the problem can be caused multiple things.

The most common is the wheel bearings wear out causing the break sensor to touch the hub causing the sensor to error out.

If it happens to one bearing the rest are going to be bad soon. So fix them all.

The good thing is the fix is relatively easy. The bad thing is the parts are a little pricey.

You'll have to replace all the wheel hubs to fix the problem.

Here is another part that also requires attention and repairs to fix the ABS errors. If any of the other parts in the suspension are worn it will affect the rotation of the wheel and sensors, mostly when breaking. Example: if the front struts are worn out or have lost the gas charge the wheel will have some "chatter" when breaking. It may not be noticeable to the driver or you may not feel it in the steering wheel. However, the wheel sensor picks this up as loss of traction. So, if you replaced the hubs and you are still having the same issue, replacing the struts along with the wheel hub could fix the problem. Have your mechanic look at the rest of the suspension parts to ensure there are not any issues.

Another benefit to repairing the worn suspension parts is your vehicle will drive nicer and will be much safer to drive.

As you were told when you were a kid, "pay attention".

This happened to my 2005 equinox but when the stabiliter service light came on i had no power steering so what does that have to do with the wheel bearing going bad I've had wheel bearing go out before never has it effected the power steering

There are so many possible answers for this question but the old turkey said it best get the codes read at your dealer and find out exactly whats wrong . If you happen to have access to a reader that does abs that will go a long way to helping you out but until then your only guessing. Ive replaced abs pumps with cars that have a traction control light on and Ive replaced sway bars as well changed wheel bearings abs sensors. brake pedal sensors and drive by wire gas pedal all for the same light. In some cars its the gyro that tell you when the car is leaning that screws up. Getting the codes read is your best option

My 07 equinox right front break caliber kept locking up. Replaced the guide pins, replaced the abs speed sensor and rebuilt the caliper with no results. The brake continued to lock up and the service stabilitrak / traction control kept coming on. I don't know what possessed me to do this, but I put my foot under the brake pedal and pulled up. It released the caliper and knock on wood I haven't had any issues since.

I have a 07 equinox and the ABS and the TC light comes on says service traction control also service stabilitrak but the car runs fine but sometimes I feel like the car jerks a little as if I tap the brake really quick but again sometimes when I turn my car on it doesn't say anything the ABS light will be on for about 5 seconds then it'll disappear but if I turn off the car then on it'll come back on.....what can be that problem...

Wendy, OMG I was literally stuck on the side of the road...my car would not accelerate, and the abs light popped up but went away. I checked my brake fluid, shut the car off for a while, cut it back on, but I still couldn't accelerate unless I pushed the accelerator down all the way to the metal and even then it only moved slightly. My daughter began to cry, I told her to trust God and have patience. Shortly after Googling my issue, I read a few posts and right before I was about to call a tow truck, I read your post and putting my foot underneath the break and lifting up worked right away. I'm now sitting in my car in front of my house and had to take the time out to open this account so I could let you know how grateful I am to have read your post. It's been an extremely long work week for me and I was so looking forward to getting home and relaxing with my family. Today is Friday January 15, 2016. Thank you so much Wendy, you're awesome!

Buy a gm part #22715444 replace it it will fix the problem

Bigfndiesel is exactly correct. I bought the part he suggested 22715444..problem solved! Like 50 bucks. Thank you so much!!!!!

I purchased the abs wheel sensor harness for both front driver and passenger side on Amazon.com for less than $40. My husband changed out the old one and lights are no longer on. Now all we need to deal with is the airbag lights staying on. Anyone have a solution to the airbag light being on?

the air bag light was part of the giant recall last year, give the dealer the vin number and they can tell you for sure..the ignition switch was the problem with a lot of them

The problem is contamination in the W/H CONNECTORS FROM DERBIES. In earlier models that first had ABS brakes the sensor was part of the wire-harness assembly(all sealed) was apx 2-4 feet long NEVER HAD A PROBLEM as the only connector was in the engine compartment above all the mud/ etc on the fender . Now there are four connects on the front underneath car and two in the rear underneath car... ITS NO WONDER There is a constant problem. THIS DESIGN IN UNRELIABLE AND CUSTOMERS WASTE MILLIONS OF DOLLARS ON THIS UGH..poor product design

I have a Chevy equinox 2006 and last week both ABS and TC warning lights came on. I had no locking pulsing or tremors, in other words the vehicle runs fine. On a whim I checked the tire pressure and sure enough the rear tires were low. After I added air...the lights stayed off( Until today). Once again the lights came on and NO Problems>>>>so i rechecked and added air again...the lights came on shortly after then went off when I restarted the car, only to come on again... Since there are no obvious symptoms like shaking or pulsing I am going to disengage the Black or (-) terminal from the battery to reset the computer. We will see then. Once again...my lights came on without any issues.

yes proves this is an electrical issue... i will spray clean the contacts of all six wire harnesses BECAUSE THESE CONNECTORS ARE IN A MUD/DEBRIES PRONE AREA ABOVE&BEHIND WHEEL THEY CAN EASILY GET CONTAMINATED if I fail THEN I WILLreplace both abs w/h as my 2005 equinox will throw the T/C LIGHT WITHOUT MOVING USUALLY RIGHT AFTER THE ENGINE WARMS UP... COLDER DAYS TAKES MUCH LONGER BUT CAR DOES NOT NEED TO MOVE PERIOD. SOO NOT LIKELY WHEEL SENSORS

Mine was a 2006 Pontiac torrent which is same as the Chevy equinox a mechanic diagnosed as bad brake module. They are very expensive so they suggested eBay. I bought a used one guaranteed to work my mechanic installed it and reset my computer system. It fixed the problem for about a year and then retuned with the same problem I will probably have to replace it again.

My 2009 Chevy Equinox gave me the traction control error, but no codes, because it is an intermittent problem. The dealer checked the vehicle and called back, reporting that the wheel speed sensor on the left rear wheel (behind the driver) was open. Replacing the sensor fixed the problem. BTW, when I went to pick up my fixed Equinox, a 2009 Pontiac Torrent arrive with the same problem.

22715444 part number 50.00 on ebay

chris will be eternally grateful.