Smaller, thinner, quieter model of the Playstation 2 (SCPH-7XXXX) released by Sony in September, 2004.

Disk read error

welli have a Ps2 slim and its reading some discs but some not what to do???

Could you add more information? Is it the same game discs that do not play and others always do or is it intermittent across all games you try to boot up? Are there any unusual sounds? Any information will help.

Android Fix Kits

A new screen or battery is one kit away.

Android Fix Kits

Try cleaning your laser and also check the laser cable - it may be worn/damaged - check out THIS GUIDE

THIS is the cable

Also have read of THIS ARTICLE

there is a white cable near the washer which can be poped up.clean your laser and lens with flash cleaner and with some buds replace your lens. these steps can prevent the disc read error. :] cherrzz man

There is also another problem with this device:

In the back there is a hood-closed sensor switch. Check the little lego-technic-like pin in the back of your hood. That one presses the switch. Just make it thicker, with a bit of tape. That worked for me.

My slim ps2 will read some games that are scratched bad but then some new games it won't? Also won't play DVDs bRand new ones please some one help me my email is robby_j_106@yahoo.com I'll probably not be able to find this post again so please email me and help out I won't to do it myself and trying to learn. Also the games that won't read I turn diagnosis on and then it will finally read them! So please help if anyone can thanks in advance

I am having the same problem tried the duct tape method and several other methods but nothing seems to work . Sony should be ashamed of themselves since they knew the ps2 slim is notorious for not reading discs.

Clean the disc under warm water with a clean paper towel making circular motions, dont press paper to hard against surface, clean both sides, gently wipe dry with another paper towel, both sides, then wipe entire disk with a micro fiber cloth to remove lint, glasses cloth or tv microfiber is ok. Be sure disk is 100% dry before reinserting to console.

1. My PS2 scph-77004 refuses to read DVDs and platinum games please some one help me!!!

mike will be eternally grateful.