The Wi-Fi only version of Apple's iPad 6, released in March 2018. Available with 32 and 128 GB storage options. Features a 9.7" Retina display and 64-bit A10 fusion chip.

Replaced digitizer, LCD not working the same

I replaced the digitizer on an iPad 6 (that was working 100% aside from the shattered screen) and now the LCD is not cooperating. Blocks of grey/white/black along the top edge. It lights up; it makes the sounds when plugged in, there was even a brief moment when though half the screen was giving white lines/blocks, I even saw the Apple logo. I’ve tried reseating the connector cable, I’ve placed a card under the battery before disconnecting the LCD, I tried the hard reset…. No luck.

The power button works; the home button works. Everything else works as it should

Can anybody confirm if the LCD really is beyond repair (somehow I damaged it in the extraction?) or if it’s something else. The prongs all look good, nothings shorted… I’m at a loss.

That's a common symptom of a cracked LCD. Apple uses that black epoxy on the corners where the LCD screws go which makes removing it it a delicate process. The LCD was most likely flexed past its tolerance point and cracked. Replacing it should get the iPad back to normal.

Jade t will be eternally grateful.