Nintendo handheld device released February 2011, identified by model number CTR-001.

japanese region 3ds how do I change to english

have a Nintendo 3ds bought in japan it however is in Japanese, how do i switch it into English?

That Japanese 3ds is still useable and you can play online with any games you want after hacking it, you just need to downgrade the firmware, here are keywords to get you started: 3dsiso.com , cia files, gbatemp.net , homebrew channel, downgrade firmware from 10.3 to 9.2, memchunkshax, and rxtools/custom firmware

how do i hack it?

You cant change it, and also, you cannot transfer data between a Japanese 3DS and a English 3DS. Gamestop CANNOT do that either. Plus, data saved on the SD Card of the Japanese 3DS also cannot be transferred to ANY 3DS what so ever, besides the music and pictures you put on it yourself.

You Can't Change It. But I would suggest changing it at gamestop and get all the memory you had on the japanese one transfered to the english one. I Hope this helps

Why can't you change it? My daughter bought a new 3DS off of Amazon. Her old one is broken. It didn't say it was from Japan. We didn't know until it arrived. What are we supposed to do now? We've had bad luck trying to ship things back overseas before. That puts her out over $!30 bucks. She can't do anything on it.

Her games won't work on it, either.

Her games dont work>>>?

Of course her games don't work. The 3ds is region-locked. You have a Japanese 3ds trying to play NA games on it. I'm sorry that you guys lost money on this, HOWEVER, there is a market stateside for Japanese 3DS's. I can almost guarantee you that she won't get 130 for it. But if you can't get it returned one place I can recommend is posting on reddit.com/r/MonsterHunter . Monster Hunter Cross came out and people who couldn't get CFW to work or won't install CFW (Custom FirmWare) may buy it off you.

You can hack and downgrade the firmware, read my previous answers to this post. You better hurry because nintendo will release 10.4 firmware soon to patch the new exploits

If you're willing, and have the tools and know-how, you could probably just swap the motherboards of a Japanese 3DS with that of any other region's. I can't swear it'll work, but I did the very same with my old DSi. Like the 3DS, it's region locked too. It works just fine. Plus, you get to keep any previously installed software and whatnot.

Memory is stored on the Mother board, and if you change the motherboard, that memory is gone. Also, you WONT be able to use any software thats on the sd card that was from the old motherboard due to anti-copying precautions.

Don't know why I care, but I can say for a fact that it DOES work. I've swapped several 3DS motherboards over the years. They all work fine. With these recent "New Nintendo 3DS and New Nintendo 3DS XL/LL" counsels, its a whole new ball game. If you want one of those, go with your own country. That's my opinion. The faceplates are compatible with any regions system (excluding XL/LL).

You can't change it. Also, you can't modify it to English. Even games for English or any other region cannot be play for Japanese. You can only play japanese version of games.

Trying a CFW (Custom Firmware) might be an option. I don't know how far the mod scene has come with the Japanese version though. You'll have to do a great deal of digging on Google.

How to change Japanese Nintendo 3d in English I have a big problems

Of course you can change it. it's called hacking the firmware.

Problem with that is the constant updates for the systems via internet. Plus, I don't know if internet is even an option with hacked firmware...is it?

That Japanese 3ds is still useable and you can play online after hacking it, you just need to downgrade the firmware, here are keywords to get you started: 3dsiso.com , cia files, gbatemp.net , homebrew channel, downgrade firmware from 10.3 to 9.2, memchunkshax, and rxtools/custom firmware

While intriguing, I can't test that myself. My only Japanese 3DS that still runs a Japanese language is kept that way for various reasons. I need it.

How do you hack it

Can't you get your SD and switch it any way?

Hack the 3ds and make it region free; also you can play online after hacking:

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

navalchck will be eternally grateful.