Released September 22, 2017. Model A1864, A1897. Available as GSM or CDMA / 64 or 256 GB / gold, silver, and space gray.

Is it safe to have a torn wireless charging coil?

........ or should I replace it with new wireless charging coil?

just replace it then you won't have any issues or anything to worry about

The coil itself consists of a spiral of copper printed onto a sheet of some sort of plastic type material. The copper is the only vital part; it looks to me like the black insulating sheet is what's torn there, and if that's the case it should be fine. I do see some copper showing through in the picture, but unless it's actually damaged, I'd think it would be okay.

If it was mine I'd probably go ahead and reassemble the phone, at least far enough to test the wireless charging. If it works, you're done; button it up and call it good. If not, order a new charging pad and pop it in when it gets there.

As @dadibrokeit says, it looks like the black protector is marked and not torn. Close the phone and test it. From your pics I don’t see much to worry about.

What if my phone ends up having a boot loop caused by the damage, what will be the solution for the boot loop? Beacause I have read blogs that after damaging the wireless charging coil, their phone ended up having boot loop.

The boot loop would cease once the damaged part is replaced.

Can I cover the damaged part with electrical tape tho?

Absolutely. Don't get carried away, just cover the scratched up part. The only thing that could come in contact with it would be the battery, and chances are the cover on it isn't conductive so you should be okay either way

Jan Sharem Villamor will be eternally grateful.