A handheld gaming console made by Valve, released on February 25, 2022.

My L1 Button wont Click in some areas.

When i press L1 in some ereas nothing happens but r1 works fine

1 Comment

Dropped mine on the corner and the r1 button stopped working. took it apart because i was comfortable with it having replaced the ssd with a 1tb m.2, and found that the button had basically shattered to pieces. the little switch soldered to the pcb daughter board is supporting the entirety of the bumper so a hard knock will destroy it like it did to mine. this looks like it will fix my issue but it has been out of stock [linked product missing or disabled: IF260-022-1]

i have a feeling you probably have the same broken part too.

Most Helpful Answer

Hi Everyone

I have seen this issue across many games consoles and it’s usually something that is dislodged or needing cleaning

If it’s dislodged I recommend disassembling and reassembling

If that doesn’t work I would try and cleaning the traces on the thin plastic film with isopropyl alcohol as sometimes dirt and debris can make it’s way in and make problems

Hopefully this helps

Any questions please ask

Thanks:-)

My deck fell out of my unzipped case as I picked it up and the console fell on the L1 and R1 bumpers from about 2 feet. The bumpers only worked when pressed directly down and with more force than usual.

I ordered replacement bumpers from iFixit thinking that the plastic hammer that hits the button may have been damaged, however, upon opening the Deck it was the tactile switches on the Left and Right daughter boards that were broken. The actual switch must have been pushed back into the switch housing as the bumper hammers needed to travel further to activate the switch.

Unfortunately, the daughter boards that house the switches don't appear to be available for sale yet.

I was honest with Valve about how the damage occurred and mentioned how I tried to fix the issue myself but was unsuccessful. I sent Valve videos of the issue and they told me to RMA the unit. I'm now waiting on a replacement Deck.

Same case here, but my bad one is R1.

Logged a ticket with Steam Support. All they offer is a replacement. Which they can't assure will be a new one, or refurbished.

So I'm thinking a lot about sending it for a replacement, and getting a "used" one. When it was broken/not working properly out of the box.

The same for me. R1 still clicks, but only when I press really hard on the bumper an input is triggered.
I think I will wait until iFixit makes the "Steam Deck Right Daughter Board" available.

Just got mine today, the L1 button is crazy hard to push/click. especially compared to the R1.

If I comment here... Will I get a notification when it comes back in stock?

My R1 button stopped working after a fall... and the screen is broken after a previous fall.

I need a right daughter board and a 512Gb screen (I have confirmed the damage to the R1 button by opening it up).

The screen I can live without... The cracks don't show head on... But ! if I don't need every button on this thing.

Seriously when will the daughter boards be in stock? No info anywhere?

1 Comment:

they dont sell the daughter boards yet as they need software calibration which can currently only be done at the factory , so you will need to RMA currently

among gus will be eternally grateful.