Revamped version of the iPhone 3G with faster processing speeds. Repair of this device is similar to the 3G, and requires simple screwdrivers and prying tools. Model A1303 / 16 or 32 GB capacity / black or white plastic back.

iPhone 3GS Antenna Cable

does the antenna connector have the number 7 on it, lower right hand side?

Yes, I believe that is one of the antenna connectors. You can see it in step 10 of this guide.

Just wanted to provide some more details because I had to deal with this myself just this past week:

In the 3GS, the #7 connector is for the Cellular/WWAN antenna sticker which is on the back of the lower dock assembly (the rest of that assembly is for the mic, speaker, and charge port through connector #4). Please note that the WiFi and Bluetooth antenna sticker is separated and part of the top assembly and connected to the logic board through #6.

This contrasts to the behavior of the earlier 3G model, which had a single antenna sticker on the lower dock assembly for Cellular/WWAN, WiFi, and Bluetooth (WiFi & Bluetooth was in the top left, Cellular/WWAN was in the bottom right of the sticker - you can clearly see the separation). Additionally, there was no #7 connector, so my "assumption" is that the #4 connector handled all of that in the earlier model.

Hope that helps! In my case, I pulled off what appears to be a resistor (not sure, too small) near the #7 connector while pulling up the warranty sticker. Thankfully, I'm using this older phone as an iPod Touch, so everything works great for me even though I did that.

slarso will be eternally grateful.