Repair guides and support for M1 24" iMacs by Apple, introduced in April 2021.

Is it possible to remove the stand?

Hi guys, is it possible to remove the stand? How to do that? Thx!

Most Helpful Answer

In theory, it is possible to remove the stand. However, it does not seem to be designed with that intention in mind. However, if your goal was to mount the display then you are in luck as there are a couple different options.

Firstly, you can buy a Mac directly from apple with a built in VESA mount adapter.

The second option is if you already have an M1 Mac. You can actually buy an adapter that fastens onto the stand itself, and acts as an adapter for VESA mounts. Theirs a video that you can watch on it here.

Here's the adapter VESA Adapter for 24" M1 iMac

If you already own the system I go for the adapter.

Theoretically, yes. But why do you need too?

It's a lot of work! And once off what are you planing on replacing it? So far Apple doesn't offer the stand alone only as part of the rear assembly.

In case I want to make it VESA mountable...

@Vasily Ruzha - The adapter is what I would use. Getting a replacement case and the work needed is quite a lot and that would be the more expensive solution and all I can find is the foot version.

That's the exact question: how to remove the stand (around the hinge, without disassembling the case?) to have a chance to attach a VESA adapter? )

@Vasily Ruzha - At this point in time you'll need to buy a new system ordering one with the VESA mount from the start. Or which I would do is just get the adapter VESA Adapter for 24" M1 iMac which Jacob Mehnert pointed out.

Today thats it!

If you can, see if you can exchange your system from the store you bought it for a VESA mount version. They may ask for a restocking fee and additional funds for the trouble.

As I stated its a bear of a job and even taking it apart there are no parts available yet! It will likely be a good year before they are.

Vasily Ruzha will be eternally grateful.