Boot to Apple logo, goes to frozen arrow,then a blank screen
I am still having problem with my Ibook 12" G4 ,the following are results when I check using fsck.
- Root file system
- Checking HFS Plus volume
- Checking Extents drive overflow
- checking Catalog file
- Checking multi-[linked files
- checking Catalog heirachy
- Checking Volume bitmap
- Checking Volume informatiom
- The volume Macintosh HD appears to be ok.
Is there a proper way to replace the Heat Sink? There seems to be something looking like thin sponge underneath and the one over the CPU is torn. Also,should I re-apply thermal compound?
Is this a good question?