Model A1019 / 10 or 20 GB hard drive / full-size Firewire port

iPod 2nd generation Headphone jack broken

Hi - my headphone jack is broken. I took the iPod apart and the headphone jack is soldered to board. Any idea how to replace it? I found a replacement part online but dont know how to use it. My model number is M8740LL/A. Thanks

You can try and solder it yourself after you practice on some other components until you become proficient, or you could just take it to your local TV/Radio repair person and have them solder it. Remember that what makes these guys usually expensive is to dismantle and diagnose, which is time consuming. In your case, it's disassembled and should be straight forward. Also, do not forget your local High School and Colleges, check for their electronics courses, if you do not a TV repair person handy. They are almost as hard to find as parts for your iPod. ;-) Electronics Skills Kit 101 and http://www.aaroncake.net/electronics/sol... might be a good start....good luck

nbhidemisc will be eternally grateful.