The Xbox One Elite Wireless Series 2 controller was released on November 4, 2019, and is compatible with the Xbox One, X, & S consoles as well as PCs running Windows 10/11.

Left Bumper does not function when pressed.

I’m on my second Xbox one Elite Series 2 and the left bumper is failing to repsond. It still has the same click as the right, and only sometimes functions on a hard sustained press.

Most Helpful Answer

My experience with fixing these is that the physical switch soldered onto the board can go bad. Usually when you press a microswitch, hear the click, and it doesn’t work it means that the physical switch is bad.

If you have low temperature melt solder and a hot air station it’s a doable fix. The part isn’t all that expensive, a ten pack runs about $8-9 on amazon (search bumper switch replacement) and they’re available on wholesale sites for even deeper bulk discounts.

1 Comment:

Yep, I've had at least 3 of these go out in a similar fashion. Word of note when replacing is that the switch is (AFAIK) the same between all Xbox 360 controllers onward. The 360 controllers switches have a slightly different slightly heavier "click" feel, but they will likely require either the head of the switch or the bumper lever to be sanded/filed down to fit. I've personally done this on my elite series 2 and everything has been working great for a few months now.

Chad W will be eternally grateful.