0

Brandon Bell
1

Adding the Adhesive to it

I am wondering when you use something like http://bit.ly/ulPEpU how do you apply them? I mean do you have to cut them down or what?

Edited by: mayer ( ) , oldturkey03 ( )

What no one gonna help a guy out?

Brandon Bell,

You can buy precut ones to save time and difficulty. Just keep looking. Some sellers have digitiser with adhesive together. iPhone 3G/3GS should work to for just the adhesive not screen.

pollytintop,

1

Country Computer Service
5k

I always get the full size die-cut adhesives, in bulk, about every 3rd project I tend to mess up one for whatever reason.

Also, after you apply the outer die-cut adhesive, you'll always be left with the center piece of the adhesive. I use it to cut a couple of 1/4" (or so) squares and place them on the plastic located to the left and right of the Home button.

In a pinch, you can use a hobby knife to cut out pieces of the left over adhesive to place it around the edges of the ipod using a ruler and a bit of patience & time.

Edited by: Country Computer Service ( )

2

Scott Head

That specific auction looks like it either has a generic picture that isn't specific to the iPod Touch Gen 4 or it's just a solid adhesive strip with no pre-cut stickers. I can't see any pre-cut stickers even though it says it is, "perfect fit." You may have to cut it yourself. You could also buy these adhesive strips which are cut specifically for this iPod Touch:

iPod Touch Gen 4 Adhesive Strips

iPod Touch Gen 4 Adhesive Strips

Custom-cut adhesive strips for installing iPod Touch 4th Gen (Generation) display assembly. A must-have for any broken, cracked, or shattered screen replacement. Used to attach the display assembly to the rest of the iPod case. Made from high quality 3M d — 50+ available at 3.95 each.

Edited by: Scott Head ( )

0

Elijah Yakimyuk
1

I personally think the uncut ones are better. I was looking for adhesive for the copper under the battery to stick to the back housing and with these uncut ones i can cut pieces for both! And not to mention that i found them under a $2 on ebay. http://goo.gl/I2juY I would stick with ebay on the parts, ive gotten everything at least 1/2 price than on this site.

0

Daniel Hoag
91

No. If you want it factory flush. You will need to remove the adhesive from the sides, metal plate next to the home button, top and bottom of the ipod. Then apply a very small amount to the upper left hand side and just a little dab on the black plastic on the bottom. You need remove all the adhesive to get a great fit.

On the adhesive, on the black plastic at the bottom, 92%+ alcohol and the metal pry tool (large flat end) that ifixit sells makes the job fairly easy.

Country Computer Service,