Released in November 2020, the 13" MacBook Pro features Apple's Arm-based M1 SoC with both an 8-core CPU and 8-core GPU. (Model A2338 / EMC 3578 with two Thunderbolt 3 ports)

MacBook Pro USB Port is Not Working

Hi Everyone!

My MacBook Pro's USB Port is not working. I tried in all ports but facing the same issue. I reset the USB port but still facing the same issue.

4 Comments:

You'll need to see if the data lines or the power lines have failed. The easiest way is to get one of these USB Mini Voltmeter what does it tell you?

Which Macbook are you using?

@jamesrogers - eloina has a A1181 as marked on the top right here. This series covers a long range of systems, they all have basically the same logic for the USB ports.

@jamesrogers I am using macbook pro 2021. I bought it last month.

@alonmhuin - I’ve corrected your system info as we are clearly going down the wrong path!

So you have a new MacBook Pro which should still be under warranty. I would go to an Apple Store to have the system checked.

Do keep in mind this services uses USB-C connections. If you have older USB-A devices (USB 1.2 ~ 3.0) then you’ll need an adapter to convert the physical connections. It might be your adapter or hub device is bad.

First of all, do Basic hardware testing. If it not gets resolved then Reset USB Ports. After doing both these steps and if you still face same problem then Reset SMC. If you still face same problem then follow the link below. I hope this will help you.

https://www.techsguide.com/fix-macbook-p...

1 Comment:

Thank You A lot dude! It worked for me. Thanks for providing me a solution.

eloina will be eternally grateful.