Left side is too dark. How to fix it?

I got a LG 42LG5000 TV in 02/2009. In 02/2011 (just after the TV's warranty expired), when I opened the TV to watch something, I saw that the left side of TV was much more darker than the right side.

As manufacturer and repairers say "left LCD panel is gone, replacement price is much more then TV's price, so throw the TV to trash" but I'm not convinced actually because of the following;

Till a month ago, when I shake the TV or wait a little bit, the left side was coming back to normal but in last month, it doesn't.

I'm attaching the pictures. So you can see the problem and may give some advice to me.

http://www.zpnd.com/tv/DSCF7073.JPG

http://www.zpnd.com/tv/IMG_0753.JPG

http://www.zpnd.com/tv/IMG_0754.JPG

Thank you.

hi there tim,this isn't really an answer as such ,its just i have the exact same problem and i am wondering wether you actually got your lcd set fixed at all? and how you actually acheived the repair,any info would be appreciated. yours faithfully larry!

Hi Tim;

Have you solved the problem?

my tvs right side is pitch black. how do i fix?

what do i do if my screens lighter not darker but its also the left side??

Have you tried applying pressure to the screen cables on the driver boards. or you could always try the simple method.

https://youtu.be/_KsGoE8ehnY

or if you dont mind spending alittle time on it :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnESRpt-...

Tim, sounds to me like the backlight inverter is going out. You want to definitely check on fuses or continuity of voltage supply lines going to the X Board/s, (your case check the X Board) as well as the LVDS cable. Replace blown fuses, connect broken lines, and resolder loose solders. Check on the capacitors on your boards, they may be either loose or popped. Look for any leakage on the boards (looks like a oily sticky substance) and check the top of the capacitors. they should be flat. Any bulging indicates a failed capacitor, The older LG's have the backlight inverter power separate from the power supply, and in that case you will require a new LCD Panel. Very costly, if you can even find somebody who has them for sale. The newer LG's have the inverter connected to the power board. In that case you could try to fix it by replacing the power board. It would be great if besides the model number you could find the Chassis number. It might be possible to get a service manual for you and give you some more specific details for your TV. Hope this gets you started in the right direction. Good Luck.

The right side of my screen does this everytime i move the display for cleaning, etc. Power cycling the TV has always fixed it so far. I'm guessing there​ is some loose wire, or poor connection.

i have the same problem, but my lg is fix now .

this problem is due of connection betuine lcd (the last point of left up )panal and lvds bord.

a little presson in this point the lvds signal will be ok .

1.u can open the bac of the lcd tv.

2.desassambl the front of the tv.

3. desassambl the front of the lcd panal .

4. the first group of wayer in the left must have more pression.

sorry i have a bad english

good luk

correct

answer

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_KsGoE8ehn...

This actually fixed my TV. Was going to get rid of the TV so thought I'd give it a go and it worked :) finally can watch a full screen again!

Well this freakin works! Although I modified it and used my hands and clapped them together fairly hard on the front and back of the left hand corner. That immediately fixed my problem! Plus no scratches or damage to the TV like hitting it with a rolling pin would do LOL!

I have a Samsung. The right side goes dark ao just flickers. I took the back off and placed some rubber weather stripping at the top to add pressure . Reolaced the back and WALA, the picture is as good as new. I don't know if this will work on all brands of tvs. Fred

my first idea, the origin of the problem is a bad solder somewhere on the (power) board or a back light unit(inverter)(or light(defective))

You have bad leds on that side of the panel just replace or jump solder and ur tv will work again like new

You are to explain your repair suggestion? It will help if you show what you want to replace and where you want to solder.

I have a LG tv 42 inch make is 42lg5010 manufacturing in 2009 made in Poland serial number is 902wrsv1p118 it also goes black on one side on the left only I wipe the screen with a dry kitchen towel it goes fairly quickly ,is this safe to use or is the tv need doing and fixing and is it costly doing as I would rather buy a new one otherwise plus can I fix myself but in fairness I wouldn't touch myself I'd leave to the experts even though I can solder thanks if anybody can advise or help

I had the same problem but i have a DELL, i could not work out why suddenly the right side of the screen was all dark, then i thought the lightnings gone, then i thought its not the screen as all the pixels are still working behind it, so then i went to the older problem that when i was a kid it was common problem the power lead/cable, that is plugged into the back of the monitor, the fuse might of gone or something to do with the power not going right into the screen happened a lot 18 years ago but this is less common recently, so the power cable is not working right and thus creating a problem with the monitor just like when a power supply is old and is just hanging in there to keep your pc running while you upgrade parts inside the pc it will cut of so i changed the cable that powers the screen and it worked no more dark side, i can not explain why this happens, but ide suggest its a old problem with power leads or cables pluged in to what ever devise has to work right anyway thats how i got mine to fix simple get a new lead just that plug it in and turn it on i hope it was of help.

Well I have the same problem but mine is on top half of my 75 inch tv so I bearly could see their heads when I'm watching tv. When it first happen I fixed it by moving the light contrast on the tv and it went to normal but then it happened again a few days later and now I can't fix it the same way I did. Some one told me it might be the back panel and it will cost me up in the $1000s..

Tim will be eternally grateful.