Repair information to fix tablet computers developed by Motorola.

will not power off

My tablet will not shut down. It ks frozen trying to shut down. Is thdre a reset somewhere.

How about a hard reset without having to use the settings menu? My xoom is somewhat responsive seldom but more often than not it now won't do anything except restart using a soft reset but when it restarts it becomes unresponsive within seconds or well under a minute. can I do a hard reset without using the settings menu?

You did not tell us which tablet you have ;-) but try this from here :

"To reset your Xoom when the screen is totally unresponsive, press the power and volume up buttons at the same time for about three seconds. The two buttons are right next to each other on the back and side of your Xoom. This is a soft reset. It's the equivalent of yanking the batteries or totally powering the device off."

This also worked for the tablet not powering up. It fixed problem not turning on. Thank you

you are welcome...:-)

john benvenuto will be eternally grateful.