iPod Touch

The current line of iPod Touch comprises six (6) different generations.

iPod Touch is disabled and I need the data on it?

So I have this ipod that is disabled and someone wants me to get it back to normal with the data that is on it. I know how to bypass the disabled part of it but I need to keep the data on it. Is there any way to do this?

Are you using Win or Mac OS?

by oldturkey03

How do I make it that itunes doesnt open when I plug the ipod in? Im using Win XP

by iRepairMan

Launch iTunes go to the menu “edit”--> "preferences” go to "devices” and select "disable auto sync for iPhone and iPod” and then go to "ok"

by oldturkey03

There is no option for that under "devices" or any other tab for preferences...

by iRepairMan

Ya I did that and it didnt work. It didnt show up in My Computer.

by iRepairMan

Most Helpful Answer

If you are running windows, you might give this a try. Plug in your iPod. Open My Computer (or Computer for Vista). Click on Folder options and enable to view hidden files. Your ipod should be showing up as a mass storage device. Next go to iPod_control and click on the folder named Device. If your iPod is locked, there will be a file _locked . Rename the file to _unlocked. Remove your iPod and it will be cleared, again not sure if it works for a disabled one. You could also try a program like iExplorer and see if you can browse your files. Also, make sure that you disable iTunes, so it won't pop up when you plug your iPod in. Hope this helps. Good Luck.

Hope you have this screen. The first option is the one that you need to turn off to prevent the auto sync. You should get there by Edit>Preferences You could also disable itunes from automatically starting when you plug your iPod in by going to Start > Run > type without quotes " msconfig" > Startup and remove the tick from the iTuneshelper entry hope this clarifies it ;-)

iRepairMan will be eternally grateful.