Revamped version of the iPhone 3G with faster processing speeds. Repair of this device is similar to the 3G, and requires simple screwdrivers and prying tools. Model A1303 / 16 or 32 GB capacity / black or white plastic back.

Speaker not working after backside replacement

Hi there,

I replaced the backside cover of my iphone 3GS and cleaned the inside of the display (dust). I thought everything is working fine until the first call came in. The speaker isn't working anymore! Phoning with headphones or handsfree-speaker is possible, but the little speaker in the display itself is dead. I re-opened the phone and checked all connections - everything is fine. Any hints where I can look at? What may have caused this problem? Which connetors are responsible for the speaker?

Thank you for your help and best regards - TJ

connector no. 3. If you have pulled the phone apart, I'd just try pushing the cover back on , check connection

TeeJay will be eternally grateful.