0

corza19961
1

Xbox Keeps Turning Off

i bought my xbox 360 slim about a year ago i played it for about a month or 2 and then it kept turning off. I put up with it turning off of a couple of weeks and then the power cord blew up so i didn't play it for a few months and then i bought a new power cord but it still turns off every now and then so i pulled the exterior off and played it for awhile but it didn't help. but he i think its the heatsink over heating so any help will be appreciated thanks

Edited by: corza19961 ( )

corza19961, I am just a bit thrown off by "the power cord blew up" can you give a bit more information on this?

like when its plugged in to a power point the light is orange but now theres no light at all and ive tryed it in different power point there just no power getting to there power brick

corza19961,

1

After your description, I am starting to think that your power brick is the problem. If it gets to hot or does not function properly, it Will turn off your xbox. I would start by either replacing it, around $30-$50. or you can try to repair it by following a similar problem right here. Hope this helps and good luck to you.

yea i already replaced it about a month ago and now the cord works fine but it still turns off but when i pulled the cover off and played the heatsink got heaps hot really fast so i think its that but how do i cool it down or something

corza19961,

What heatsink? The one in the console or the power brick?

the one in the console cause like after half an hour its really hot and the fan is on it all the time

corza19961,

so do you Know what to do

corza19961,

I am really looking for a good solution. It looks like a derivative of the RROD but it does come back. The xbox shuts down because of overheating. the only thing that I can think of right now is to remove the heatsink, apply new thermal paste (I prefer Arctic Silver) and use a RROD kit.

0

zykeethw
1

check auto off if its turn it off and if that doesnt work it may have your grease or oil on it get a soft cloth and wipe it

0

Ben
1

(I FOUND A SOLUTION!)

I was having the same problem with my Xbox slim. It would randomly beep a few times and then turn off. At first I thought I had a bad power brick. I replaced it but that didn't fix the issue. I also called Microsoft support but they weren't much help. So I took apart my Xbox and I found out that the ribbon flex cable was damaged. This is the cable that is attached to the on/off and eject buttons inside the front faceplate inside the Xbox 360 Slim Console. All I did was took a Q-tip and dipped it into rubbing alcohol and gently cleaned the ribbon cable. For me, that fixed my problem. If your cable is really damaged and cleaning it doesn't fix the problem, you have a couple options. You can buy a new cable online (around $5) and replace it yourself, or you can just detach the ribbon cable completely. Detaching the cable would mean the front panel buttons will not work. You will have to turn the counsel on/off with your controller. For some this would be annoying but it is definitely less annoying than your counsel randomly turning off in the middle of a game. There are many videos out there showing how to take apart a Xbox slim and also how to replace a ribbon flex cable.

Here is the link for how to take apart the Xbox...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSD7GPiV...

Here is the link for how to replace the ribbon flex cable...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5WXYkGS...

Here is where you can find replacement flex cables online...

https://www.google.com/search?q=xbox+fle...

I hope this fixes your problem. Good Luck!

thanks for info

Samuel House,

0

Shadowweed smith
1

Thank you for the links. I am a little worried to try this but will.