Fans not running after keyboard replacement ppf003/ppf004
after some very mild water damage, 3 of the keys on my Macbook Pro stopped working. I decided to go ahead and buy a replacement keyboard and change it myself. Now, after reassembling, everything works like before; the laptop boots, the keyboard works and everything runs except the fans will not start. I have tried several things:
- Updated to big sur then reset OS
- Ran stress test with the result that the CPU reached 100C without the fans starting
- Reset NVRAM and SMC
- Installed fan control software and set fans to 100%, still no movement
- Ran apple diagnostics test with resulting error codes: ppf003/ppf004
- Disassembled and reassembled again.
I am aware that the fans connect to the motherboard through the keyboard, and that this may be where the issue is, but due to the terrible design of this laptop, I had to glue in the new keyboard, essentially eliminating the possibility of replacing it again.
I am pretty sure the fans worked before I replaced the keyboard.
Are there any other options? Anything I might have missed, or something I can do?
Thanks in advance.