Released November 2020, the PS5 console features vastly upgraded visuals and an innovative new Dualsense controller. The space-age black-and-white color scheme is a noticeable departure from PlayStation designs of the past.

DualSense Ribbon-Cable: Can I replace it?

Hello guys,

unfortunately i need to replace one of the ribbon-cables in the Dualsense-Controller. Its the one that connects the Vibration motors wirh the mainboard. Any Idea if i can use a different one? Or is this some special Sony thing?

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards

Andreas

Most Helpful Answer

I had to replace mine too, I was able to use a 16-pin 0.5mm ribbon cable (this would be 8.5mm wide) that was from an old laptop display until i could get a new one. You will need to be careful though, I tried some I ordered online and it didn’t even power on. I think the laptop one worked because it’s a directional cable and specified which end should go to the motherboard and monitor (or in this case the trigger assembly).

Edit: For the ribbon cable I ordered I believe it was A type, but I think B type would be more likely to work.

I ripped my L2/L1 Ribbon cable on my ps5 controller during disassembly. anyway i can buy a new cable and what size is it? Or is it repairable. the cable is sheared in half.

Yeah those are extremly hard do find, Found a guy in Germany selling them

Hi Andreas , I had the same problem, then I found these guys in the Netherlands.

https://xqgaming.com/en/563-repair-parts

Ace100ace200 will be eternally grateful.