Released September 21, 2018. Models A1921, A2101, A2102, A2104. Available as GSM or CDMA / eSIM or nano-SIM / 64, 256, or 512 GB / Silver, Gold, or Space Gray. (Pronounced "iPhone 10 S Max.")

Face ID not working

Face ID is Not available. “You can setup Face ID after when iPhone cools down” - error I get when try to open or setup new . Went to Apple and they offered me 1:1 replacement for 900 SGD. Any solution ? How to fix this ?

Hi - were you able to fix the problem? I seem to be experiencing the same. ¯ Natalie

If you are operating the phone under “unacceptable” temperatures (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201678). According to the link it is also possible that this is because the phone has been charged, and that this has caused the temperature to rise a lot. Try letting the phone cool down if this is the case.

If this didn’t work or if the phone was cold already, it might be a sensor issue, which I don’t think is possible to easily fix.

Did Apple tell you what was wrong exactly or did they just give you the quote?

Thanks Nicolas .

No the phone is cool . No issues at all. Apple said there is a issue with Facial recognition module and informed me to go for 1:1 replacement for 900SGD. No repair option provided . Phone is just 18 months old .

Suggestion from Internet users : Stop the location service , Disable the bluetooth and Mobile data , restart . Then i was able to setup the face recognition BUT it worked only once and then the Error was back .

Worse case now : With this issue , slowly my battery started to drain very very fast [ but battery health is 85% ] and touch sensitivity faded . Again the Apple support [went for the 3rd time ] just pushed me saying , because of the facial scanner module issue you will get other issues . Being a user of IPhone 4/5/6/8/xsmax this issue had made me to re-think to buy future apple products now.

Sorry for my letting out my frustration. Being a Trillion dollar company ,they are providing no help to consumers.

Any suggestion to solve or any repair possible ? for this issue .

Dear Rajesh,

My iPhone XR too faces the same issue after exactly 18 months of usage. Looks like facial recognition module gets faulty in lot of XR/XS models. Sadly, they haven’t acknowledged it yet and it won’t. Clueless :(

Same here. Iphone 11 pro. After 18mos. Have the same issue. Help!

Same for me Xs Max after 18 months , the problem has showed up and no solution from Apple

same for me XS Max after 18 months and Apple gave no solution but get a new one.

Rajesh will be eternally grateful.