Repair guides and support for the 5th generation Honda Civic, first released in late 1991.

tail lights won't go off

i parked my car all lights are off, then all of a sudden my tail lights are on and won't go off, also my brake lights won't light up when engaged

How do you or can you re wire a new wire from fuse box to back lights--back main lights don't work but brake back lights do??????help

Most Helpful Answer

ingrid, it sounds like two separate problems since the circuit of the tail light and the rear break light are independent of each other. I do have the diagram attached and without physically checking out your vehicle, I would suggest to check the headlight switch. A faulty headlight switch could continue to close the circuit to the lights and thus cause the lights to stay on. Your brake lights are activated by a switch along your brake pedal. It is a plunger style that close the circuit when you press on the pedal. Check to see if it is a. still touching the pedal, b. that the plunger moves freely c. the wiring is still attached. You can also check with a multimeter or a test light to see if it still opens the contacts when the brake is not pressed and close when it is. Of course there is always a chance that your wiring harness is shortening out somewhere, most commonly on a connector or junction. Start with the easy things first...Hope this helps a bit, good luck.

Brake light wiring diagram Lighting Diagram

Sound advice. +

that is ur brake light check ur brake light switch or see if the rubber plug came off the top of the peddle ext.

ingrid will be eternally grateful.