Kia's version of the Hyundai Sonata.

I have a broken electric radio antanna and need to replace it

On my 2001 Kia optima I have a electric radio antanna and it is broken. I need to know how to replace it. step by step. Plus instead of putting an electric one back in can i just put a regular antanna in? Would I have to take out the electric box? Also could i just put the antanna in by splicing it to the wires to the electric box? help please.

Rose, you could use a Universal fender mount antenna. The antenna plug to the radio will be standard. You can also purchase a direct replacement for your Kia for about $170. It will have the right electrical hook up. Here is a pretty good write up about how it is done. You can also sign up here and receive free assistance with your Kia.

yes same car. when i tried the other one the first time it didnt go through yet when i checked the other day there were two of these.

thank you for your help.

Rose Horton will be eternally grateful.