Repair and disassembly guides for microwave ovens.

483 Questions View all

How do I restore power to microwave?

My Sharp R-1850A experienced a ground short, running 110 back through the ground. Nothing comes on, the internal in-line fuse tests ok, so it's not that.

Answered! View the answer I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 0
Add a comment
Spread Fixmas Cheer
Get $12 off your purchase of $50 or more with code FIXMAS12
Spread Fixmas Cheer
Get $12 off your purchase of $50 or more with code FIXMAS12

1 Answer

Chosen Solution

Bdowney, I think the general consensus on here is to leave the microwaves alone. They have a tendency to do nasty things to people. So, I recommend to either get an appliance expert involved or to get a new one (microwave). There are way to many parts in there :-\ and some nasty currents. Sorry.

Block Image

Was this answer helpful?

Score 3


+ I agree with Oldturkey. You need to step away from the microwave. They are not user serviceable. They are actually disposable. You can buy one new for $25 - $125 (Upper end ones are also convection ovens). You can buy one used for $5 - $50. You can pay $100 to fix it. Unless yours has the convection oven built in or some sentimental value donate it to Goodwill or dispose of it properly.


I checked on the model and it is actually a pretty nice convection oven, and not the cheap kind that I use:-) Bdowney, I guess it would not hurt to get it professionally checked out.


Add a comment

Add your answer

Bdowney will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 0

Past 30 Days: 0

All Time: 2,185