Laptops made by the Chinese company Huawei.

Type C Charging Port Quit On Matebook D 14

During use, my Huawei Matebook D 14 AMD stopped charging. Didn’t think much of it, re adjusted the charging cord and it was fine. 15 mins later it stops charging. I took out my battery and attemped charging (did not charge), examined the charging port (saw nothing unordinary, cleaned it as well), tried multiple laptop usb c chargers in multiple outlets and configurations. The laptop version is obscure so any motherboards i’ve found cost as much as a new laptop. What are my options to give my laptop charge

Hi @yeetbeet ,

Try the following to check if the charge port may be loose from the motherboard:

Plug the charger cord into the laptop but do not connect the other end of the charger to anything.

Steady the laptop with one hand and then using the other hand, grab the inserted cable plug and gently try to move it from side to side and up and down to check for any movement in the socket.

If there is movement (or maybe if not) then perhaps all it needs is for the connector to be resoldered onto the motherboard.

Here’s a video that may help. it shows how to open the laptop so that the charge port can be inspected etc.

If it is loose you will need smd soldering skills and tools to do the repair. Otherwise most reputable, professional laptop or phone repair services should be able to do it for you.

Ethan Perry will be eternally grateful.