A more affordable, purely handheld version of the Nintendo Switch game console, with integrated Joy-Con controllers and a slightly smaller screen. Released September 20, 2019.

Right bumper is stuck in a pressed position.

The right bumper button, not the trigger - the one above it, is stuck in the pressed position.

• It doesn’t seem to cause any reaction in the game, so I’m not sure if the contacts are being touched.
  • Bumper doesn’t rebound when pressed, so maybe that mechanism has slipped away or ???

What’s the right way to fix that? Replace the button? Throw this thing I didn’t want my kids to have against the front window of the grandparents that bought it for them?

Cheers.

Sounds like it already got thrown. :) Either it’s jammed (gunk, whatever) in which case “unstuck” it. Or the plastic button itself is broken, replace. Or the button module is broken, re-solder or replace. Or the the pcb around the button module is broken, dead. The shoulder buttons on the switch cons are poorly, cheaply designed. Good luck.

Could be that the spring is stuck/snapped. Should just take the back off and remove the trigger assembly, then see if the spring is there/moving.

GB Lott will be eternally grateful.