How can I change Radeon HD 2600 MXM firmware?

Well, I bought a ATI Radeon HD 2600 video card and it didn't work so now that thing is only using up some space here at home and I want to know if there is any way that I could change it's firmware to have another go on my iMac.

It wouldn't matter if it end up as a paper weight 'cause as of the moment that's pretty much what it is anyway...

When I did tried that video card on my iMac ( the only thing I got was a black screen as if the computer was off, but it was running just fine, no beeping or anything like that, just the black screen.

That video card was from a HP 8510W 8510P ( so I'm hopping that if I can change it's firmware it might work on my iMac.

Anyway I've downloaded the original firmware from the Mac version (here: and also the update (here: but have no idea as how to install the firmware in the video card.

Any ideas?

Would this not be the proper firmware update for the video card Just wondering, not a Mac person ;-)

by oldturkey03

@ABCellars: No, I downloaded it from a forum and don't remember if the person posted the ways of doing it - I was at work and had to do it VERY fast. :( @oldturkey: that is the update for those cards that already have the right firmware. :) I've also found this links, but haven't had time to check deeper:

by Carlos Ferrari

I thought of that, but the issue would be cooling the card (the HS is on the iMac) and try to insert the card on a regular PC (don't know if mobiles slots are different). But I could try. :)

by Carlos Ferrari

Here's the ROM I found earlier and posted on MegaUpload: And here I found a couple more:

by Carlos Ferrari

Hey, I am doing the exact same thing to my 2007 imac, how is it going with your's?

by Calvin