Beats Solo 2 Wireless headphones are a wireless version of the Beats Solo 2. Released in 2014. Model number: MHNG2AM/A.

Beats solo 3 battery won't last long

[Note: ifixit doesn’t have a category for Solo 3, so I had to chose Solo2]

I’ve had this pair for a couple years now, so when I started to notice the symptom of a charge not lasting as long as it once did, I immediately suspected the battery and replaced it. Now, with a fresh battery, I’ll charge it and still only get ~5 hours worth of use, because the battery will even drain while it is off.

I’ve also tried resetting them after I replaced the battery. Still no luck there. Anybody have a solution? Is it time to replace them?

SKIP THE UPGRADE

Save by fixing with an all-in-one kit.

Shop iPhone Fix Kits

SKIP THE UPGRADE

Save by fixing with an all-in-one kit.

Shop iPhone Fix Kits

Odds are that battery you replaced it with was either used and advertised as “new” or “OEM” when it was just pulled from another pair of headphones or you got a cheap quality battery. Unfortunately because these are made by Apple, it’s impossible to get a new battery without going through them or a new battery “falling off the back of a truck”.

I actually got the replacement here from iFixit. Do they use cheap or used parts?

@jerrid_foiles not that I'm aware of. I order through different suppliers but I would imagine ifixit sources good quality parts. I personally haven't had any of the Beats headphones since apple started making them but do they have software updates?

jerrid_foiles will be eternally grateful.