white screen, chime, no logo nor spinner, caps lock works
The pimary operation I think I’ve did was to reapplying thermal paste, as I was doing that, I cleaned the trackpad and removed a CD that was stuck in the optical drive (it was not reading anyway). So, I’ve pretty much disassembled the whole thing.
Now, when I power on the device the following happens:
- I hear the chime
- LCD powers up, completely white with backlight on.
- No apple logo or anyhting.
- After a while screen gets a tiny bit dimmer, almost like power saving feature but the it does this even when the power is plugged.
Caps lock works.
I’ve tried reseating LCD cable to the logic board several times.
I’ve also read chime, white screen, no logo or spinner
- Safe boot didn’t work.
- Unplugged hard drive and optical drive, plugged in a Mojave install usb stick and it still didn’t work.
- I don’t have a minidisplay port adapter so I can’t test an external monitor just yet.
- Seconds after power up I can feel heatsink is getting quite hot, touchable hot but barely touchable. Is that normal for a Core 2 Duo?
Any ideas what might have gone wrong?
Is this a good question?