Repair and disassembly information for the Powerbeats Pro true-wireless earbuds. Released in May of 2019. Model number: MV6Y2LL/A.

Cure for liquid damage on Powerbeats Pro?

is there any way to cure the corrosion photo on these beats connectors. Apple are charging 140, considering they’re advertised as water and sweat resistant I’m surprised they have corroded after 3 months use…

any help would be great

I have had the same issues even though mine have never ever been wet ! I am so so angry , they cost an absolute fortune on the UK and want to charge me £80 to fix them I said no and they sent them back with out the ear buds !!!! So I cannot even use the one that works . CEO letter of complaint sent !

The Essential Toolkit

The most helpful tools in our most compact kit.

The Essential Toolkit

Most Helpful Answer

The best thing to remove corrosion from surfaces where electronics are involved is gently wiping it away with a Q-Tip slightly moistened with 99%+ Isopropyl Alcohol (available from electronics parts stores).

It would be better if you could remove the battery to forestall any potential problems but since you can’t do this easily without breaking into the earbuds (see the ifixit Powerbeats Pro Teardown guide) then if you don’t moisten the Q-Tip too much i.e. not dripping and try not to bridge between the two terminals with the liquid etc, it should remove any corrosion. The alcohol will evaporate and leave no residue which could later impact on the electrical connection.

You just have to be patient and take your time and don’t let it get too wet and possibly seep into the earbuds. Allow it to dry before continuing to remove any stubborn corrosion.

Also if possible do not use “rubbing alcohol” as mostly this is <70% IPA, can contain additives and is not as effective.

Thank you for your tip, I’ll give it a go

Jared Parker will be eternally grateful.