Revamped version of the iPhone 3G with faster processing speeds. Repair of this device is similar to the 3G, and requires simple screwdrivers and prying tools. Model A1303 / 16 or 32 GB capacity / black or white plastic back.

iPhone earpiece receiver zapping when taking a call

Hi guys

Recently i have come across a very strange issue. I have had someone bring me an iPhone that zaps them when they take a phone call. Now the first thing i can think of is that it is either a static discharge or a battery problem however i'm not really sure what part to replace? The earpiece receiver, battery, logic board or the entire phone itself ?

For the mean time i have given this person the apple technical support number, and although the iPhone is out of warranty, if it is zapping a customer i think they should replace it free of charge....surely.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Free shipping on all orders over $100 or containing a Pro Tech Toolkit!

Browse Our Store

Most Helpful Answer

Id replace the front screen assembly to rule out anything on that end first. Well, not replace but test it with a different one. The ear speaker is easy and cheap enough to replace, that can be done in a few minutes. Is the problem easily replicated? I'd highly doubt Apple would swap it if it is out of warranty, if only though right? haha.

martin will be eternally grateful.