The Samsung Galaxy Tablet E 9.6 was announced June, 2015 and released on July 2015. When repairing this device, a few basic tools available from ifixit.com will be necessary. Samsung Galaxy Tab E 9.6 is available as 8GB or 16 GB versions, expandable by micro SD. It was sold in two colors: Pearl White and Metallic Black.

Tablet touch stops responding suddenly.

Hello.

My tablet Gakaxy Tab E SM T561 works fine while I'm using it. After 6 to 7 hours of use or within 2 to 3 days it will suddenly stop responding to my touch. Turning it on or off doesn't solve the problem. The only thing that seems to work is that if I leave it untouched for a couple of days it would start working normally again and go back to same issue again and the cycle repeats itself. I've tried soft and hard resets, rom flashing, sd card removing, sim removing, slapping, hitting and spanking! Nothing works! I took it to the shop and he said there was something wrong wih my touch IC but that didn't work as well.

I've owned this Samsung Galaxy Tab E 9.6 Wifi + Cellular for 4 years now and I dont know how to fix this issue. Its driving me nuts. Thankyou.

Most Helpful Answer

When you said “….took it to the shop and he said there was something wrong wih my touch IC but that didn't work as well.”, does that mean that the touch IC was replaced?

As a DIY repair most probably the only thing left to try is to replace the touchscreen and check if the problem still occurs.

If it doesn’t then the problem was in the touchscreen. If it does then the problem is on the systemboard.

You have to start somewhere and see if you can narrow it down to where the problem is and this would be the first step.

Here’s a link to the ifixit Samsung Galaxy Tab E 9.6 Wi-Fi Digitizer (Screen Replacement) Replacement guide.

Replacement touchscreens are available online. Just search for Galaxy SM-T561 touchscreen to get results for suppliers

The touch IC wasnt replaced.

I'm aware it's probably the touch or digitizer or both. I just want to know if it's only the digitizer because I've searched online and they say if you heat the borders or ‘slap the digitizer back into place'. But I dont wanna try this. If you could please tell me a few things u can try before I go to the penultimate option of replacing the touchscreen.

@ahmedmarjanzia ,

Touch and digitizer are the same thing. Touchscreen is just the more common name for the digitizer

Like most electronics you have to know where and what the problem is before you can fix it, if you want to have a permanent repair.

I'm old school. I was taught to find out where and what the problem is so that it can be fixed.

I'm sorry that I can't help you on this one, because until you know where the problem lies so that you can then find out why it is occurring, it is only guesswork, but you may be lucky

Hi there. I also have Samsung Galaxy tab e t516, I tried a new touch but still not touching. I don't know where is the problem now. Please help.

ahmedmarjanzia will be eternally grateful.