Fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. GSM / 8, 16, or 32 GB capacity / Model A1332 / Black and White.

Microphone/speaker will not work after water exposer?

I accidentally ran my phone through the washer. After placing it in a plastic bag with uncooked rice to dry it out everything works except the only way to place or receive a call is on speaker phone. If I'm not on speaker phone I can hear them but they can't hear me. The ipod works with the headphones in and will play audible music with the headphones out. The voice recorder does not work without the apple supplied headphones. I've cleaned the headphone jack and inserted/removed the jack numerous times. Any idea what needs to be replaced?

First, I'm going to assume that you have an AT&T iPhone 4. If this is not true, let me know, and I can provide you with the correct links to guides and parts.

It sounds like you're having issues with the earpiece speaker and the lower microphone, which is part of the dock connector assembly. Messing with the headphone jack doesn't do anything for either of these parts. If simply cleaning them doesn't work, you probably need to replace them.

iPhone 4 Dock Connector Image

Guide

iPhone 4 Dock Connector Replacement

Difficulty: Difficult45 minutos - 1 hora

iPhone 4 Earpiece Speaker Image

Guide

iPhone 4 Earpiece Speaker Replacement

Difficulty: Moderatecrwdns2876730:040crwdne2876730:0 - crwdns2876734:02crwdne2876734:0

I have an iphone 5. I can hear the other person but they can't hear me.

My iphone 6 was dropped in water briefly. After drying for a few days everything worked except:

1. No Service

2. Headset could hear but mic not working (no Siri, no phone calls from headset.

3. Headset start/stop worked but volume up/down didn't

No Service was corrected by Resetting Network Settings

Cleaned out headset jack, tried other earbuds, etc. no solution.

Ordering the above part for 2 and 3 is my next step (Replacement Dock Charging Port Headphone Jack Flex For iPhone 6 White) we shall see if that works.

dkramer8y will be eternally grateful.