Released November 4, 2017. Model A1865, A1901. Available as GSM or CDMA / 64 or 256 GB / Silver or Space Gray. (Pronounced the same as "iPhone 10.")

Is it possible to unlock Icloud locked iPhone?

Hello, I am learning to become cell phone repairman and I want to learn how to remove Icloud lock? There are alot of Icloud unlock websites and methods, but I am not sure if they work or not. Please do share your experience with Icloud unlocking.

is it your device ?

I don't have one, I was thinking about buying it from ebay

@timyd20 Will it work with all models?

Can someone please help me unlock activation locked iPhone Xr I bought it off Facebook and it turned out to be iCloud locked

SKIP THE UPGRADE

Save by fixing with an all-in-one kit.

Shop iPhone Fix Kits

SKIP THE UPGRADE

Save by fixing with an all-in-one kit.

Shop iPhone Fix Kits

As a budding tech, don’t waste your time trying to learn how to unlock an Activation (iCloud) Locked device…it can’t be done. Apple has really done their homework. Most, if not all, online sites are scams. The only way to unlock it is via GSX and if anyone truly has access to this, they are doing something illegal. It’s as simple as that.

If it was truly that easy, the market would be flooded with iCloud UNlocked devices and iPhone theft would be a rampant problem.

That said, iCloud locked devices do serve a useful purpose in life, at least for a tech. They are great devices to practice on, especially from a micro-soldering perspective as you can try things you might not normally on a fully functional device. They can also serve as a repository of truly original parts but you always have to consider if you are helping or hurting in keeping this cycle going.

Only if you know the account info. It isn’t possible to unlock the phone if you don’t know and got it from eBay because someone sold them a bad phone and didn’t help.

It is definitely possible to bypass iCloud Activation Lock but it isn’t possible to fully “unlock” it. In other words, if you reset or update the device, it will become locked again. Any iPhone 5s to X can be bypassed untethered on iOS 12.3 to 13.2.3 with the checkra1n jailbreak. You can also bypass any iPhone 5s to X on iOS 13.3+ with a paid bypass for $15 that I’ve tested on 2 iPhone X and it works but its Tethered so if the device dies or reboots, you’ll have to bypass it again. Sim cards/cellular/SMS/phone calls don’t work with any of these bypasses along with iMessage and many other small things. Also, please remember to not do this with stolen devices, try to get it back to the owner first. I once bought an Activation Locked iPhone X on eBay for parts and once I turned it on it had a phone number to call. I called that number and returned the phone. The owner rewarded me $200 for returning it. The moral of the story is to return it if its not yours.

Edit: It is possible to unlock an Activation Locked device with a GSX account as stated by someone in another answer, but most people who claim to have one are either scammers, or extremely overpriced to the point that its cheaper to buy a new device (or both).

Yes and no. If you buy an iCloud locked iPhone, unless you know either the account email and password or the previous passcode, you will be unable to unlock it without jailbreaking it, I had this problem on an iPhone 5s.

Buy motherbored and replace !!! That all !!!

It’s possible, sure, but you need GSX and/or a lot of patience and time. GSX isn’t the type of software you can just download for free from a website. Don’t trust these websites, as they’re almost all scams and might even have malware.

Your only option is actually getting back to the original owner and getting him/her to activate it, replace the motherboard, or just pray that the original owner notices and removes the iPhone from his list of iCloud trusted devices.

…Or since you mentioned you wanted to learn repairs, you could use that iPhone as a guinea pig for new methods (micro soldering for example) or you could sell some of the parts. I say some because the motherboard is iCloud locked and Apple really loves to pair certain parts to individual devices.

Tom Zorman will be eternally grateful.